Gems of War. The wait for PQ fans is over (sort of)

Whoops. I will proceed accordingly.

Yes. When you complete the line of quests for each kingdom you will get an epic (purple) troop. Some of them are really good for starting players (and one of them is Tyri that will allow you to farm treasure chests). You will also increase the amount of gold each kingdom provides you daily by doing the quests (you will get a message saying plus 50 gold on some of the quest completions). Also, you will get a pretty nice legendary weapon (orange) from completing the dwarf kingdom quest line (I think it’s the dwarf one, anyway).

Ok, and now for maybe a really stupid question given the amount of time I’ve played already, how do you tell how much mana is needed for a given troop to be able to use there spell? I’m assuming it is different for different troops, but I don’t see a number anywhere.

Hit escape in game and check the box in the Settings menu that says ‘Show Spell/Mana details’. Then it should display those numbers for you on the card (on the upper left of the troop card where the mana color is).

cool, thanks

@buzznaut the old bobehm / 115 can be kicked from the guild to make room. I won’t be getting it back

OK, someone help explain PvP to me. Or at least check my work.

There are “ranks” and “tiers”, right?

I gather your rank is simply your numerical standing with respect to all the other accounts, and I imagine it’s based on games played, opponents played, and (maybe) whether your Defense team wins or loses more.

Tier seems to be something altogether different. It’s from 1 to 15 (?) and seems to be connected somehow to your designated “home” region (for instance, mine is set to Karakoth right now, so my tier 11 is something like “Dude of Karakoth”). Tiers seem to be reset each week, I guess? And when it’s reset you get some rewards based on how high you went.

OK, so now my questions.

1. Is “rank” ever reset? I gather you get some rewards based on your rank at the end of the week, but does it then get reset to… I dunno… something?

2. Can your tier go down based on defeats or people roughing up your D-team? Or is it just a straight progressions that you want to grind against each week?

3. Does your set “country” (e.g., Karakoth, Burning Spire) have any effect on game-play or rewards?

4. Right now my “rank” is somewhere in the 30K+ level, and apparently the rewards start in the 1000 level. Given that I probably won’t ever play enough to get that “high”, should I give a rat’s ass about my rank?

1. Yes. Both your rank and tier are reset every week.

2. Yes, it can. You usually only lose 3 to 5 points for each defense defeat and you gain the same on a defense win so it’s not too bad.

3. Yes. Tribute you get is doubled for your home kingdom. Many set theirs to Whitehelm to get the extra Glory tribute for that reason.

4. No, you shouldn’t. No one except the fanatics will ever sniff the top 1000 rank. Just get through all the tiers each week instead for all the nice glory keys and glory you get for tier advancement (once you hit the higher tiers).

I am 5 kingdoms from getting all of them to levle 6 (and I only n eed 6k gold to get the next one to 6). I’ve changed my pvp foe selection pattern somewhat. I’m losing more but gtting gold much more rapidly. OTOH, it’s slowed down my intake of clan seals somewhat because I’m apparently playing less matches overall.

I got my first mythic card: Abyssina (or somesuch). Looks pretty strong. I fought a guy on pvp who used 4 identical mythic cards who cleaned my clock.

You don’t know how lucky you are. A lot of folks that have been playing every day for the past year or more have not gotten a mythic drop yet. They are extremely rare. The folks that have 4 mythic cards like the one you saw are the pay-to-win VIP crowd. They probably have every mythic in the game.

The RNG for me was lousy this week for our guild chest. I got 2 ultra rares that I already had and then pretty much nothing but commons out of the 30 or so chest I opened.

On a positive note my new defensive crew seems to be doing much better. After almost never winning a match my new group seems to win about 30-40% of the time.

Yeah. I have had this game since launch day and while I haven’t played every day I have yet to acquire a mythic card. Maybe someday.

Man I didn’t even notice when I got it and now I feel extra bad about that. I went in to look at cards (I usually start by sorting on upgrades or rarity) and there it was. Might have been two weeks ago when we hit 10k seals on the guild.

Or, like my wife, they’re in a guild that gets thousands of chests every day from guild tasks and whatnot. The top guilds get obscene numbers of keys.

So I finally got my second farming armor. What’s the best use of gems going forward?

Is there a decent guild I can join w/ Qt3 folks? I can’t promise I’ll play forever, but I’ve been playing a lot recently. I’m level 80 or so, and about 5000 pvp strength.

Oh and my name is ‘slantz’ if someone wants to just go ahead and invite me. I’d like a guild that’s getting meaningful stuff done each week.

Peacedog, I’m no expert, but I spend my gems on keys. Slantz, I will post in the OO thread as the new admin hangs out there.

Oops, I forgot about this. I believe I can send an invite to you, @slantz.

I am not sure whether we get “meaningful” stuff done or not, but we do get between 5000 and 10000 seals and knock out 5-6 ranks of each color reward each week, I believe, so that may be enough for you :).

Edit: I tried to invite slantz, but it said you were already in another guild?

I decided to spend some gems on 75k gold so I could knock out my last magic kingdom. I’m going to give some of my gold going forward to tasks advancement while I continue to level my other kingdoms.