Gentlemen, start your photocopiers! Royale is the new MOBA

I am already tired of hearing of future royale clones.

So should we start an over/under time to shutdown for each new clone?

After ~100 games and about 10-12 2nd places and well over 25 times I made it into the top10 I might be done with this genre. And I wonder if the reason why I’m willing to quit could be one of the reasons for the genre’s popularity: craving…for this one goddamn victory. Or is it that the majority of players do actually win a game sooner or later? Maybe I just should overcome my need…

But it’s rather obvious that there are players that are far ahead of what I’m capable of. I can sneak my way to the finals… I can shoot some regular players… get 2-4 killls… but there is at least one player who’s way better. Playing a battle royale game comes close to gambling for me: measured by skill I’ll never be a suitable winner.
Meaning…, for me, battle royale is not fun for the shooting part, because shooting is rare and at my average guy’s skill level it’s very luck-related (>who see’s whom first, who got the better weapon and so on). So the shooting part isn’t that much fun after all. That makes me wonder if this genre is about dominating (small crowd) and…addictively hunting for a win… and maybe this last part (addictively) is what causes it’s popularity?

At least I’ve realized that I do like competitive pvp games. But I’m not sure about battle royale…

I had the same experience as you. Finally got a solo win and haven’t played solo in 3 months. I haven’t missed it. The win was completely random too. Waste of time.

Ice fishing game Ice Lakes now has a Battle Royale mode.

Now that is something I can sink my hook into!

This is now a must request for Tom’s Wednesday streams.

Hey boardgamers your wish came true!

https://www.lastonestanding.ca

/count player figures…

That’s not 100 players!

Makes a great gift!

This year, I wish I had a dollar for every game announcement that includes the word “Royale”.

Rumor has it that Cook Serve Delicious 2, will have a Battle Royale mode.

You will be challenged to make as many Royale with Cheese as you can in a given day.
If you hit the specified goal, you unlock the chicken dinner recipe for your restaurant menu.

j/k :)

I would play a top down ARPG BR game

im excited. Battlerite is awesome.

DOTA 2 also has a Battle Royale mode now?

So I just downloaded this and gave it a shot and… it was good. It didn’t have microlag or weird hit detection even though I’m playing it on a Thai server all the way from New England and although it’s a bit shinier than PUBG it doesn’t look anywhere like as cartoony as FN.

There’s a couple nice quality of life touches included, like being able to assign two scopes to a weapon and then use the “V” key to flip between the two. So you can put a holo and a 4x on your AK and quickly change without having to open your backpack.

Also, if you have a crap ton of accessories, like flash hiders, grips and stocks and you pick up a weapon they fit on, they all self-attach. You can still go into your bag and move them around, but they’ll move themselves to the first weapon they fit the first time you pick it up.

Then there’s dynamic weather. I played one round where it was clear the whole way through, but in the second one it start off clear but by the third circle the wind had really picked up and the last part of the game to the final circle was played in heavy rain.

More importantly, as someone who spent weeks in the creator section of City of Heroes back in the day, RoE allows you to spend hours getting just the right lip position in your angry face.

Sadly I couldn’t control individual freckle position.

Allegedly this will release on Steam today, provided you have your language options set to allow simplified Chinese.

I don’t know if you’ll be able to force this back to English the way you can with the Garena client, but I’m still having fun with this and it’s worth a try if you want something that spins off the ideas of PUBG and is a bit more… “arcadey”, without going as far as Fortnite.

it has native english now.

it is really interesting that you tried it. I have heard good things about it. That’s all the genre needs, a well optimized and feature complete BR. However, I’m pretty meh about shooters in the third person. I hate that recent trend. I’ll wait for them to add FPS

Every time I accidentally go TPP in PUBG I go “WTF is this shit?” It just feels so sluggish, so I literally can’t play it in TPP anymore.

It’s just crappy. I don’t get the trend towards it. You basically have cheats too, since you can look around walls without being visible. I just far prefer the more skill based first person mode.

Only millennials play in third person.