Gentlemen, start your photocopiers! Royale is the new MOBA

So I just downloaded this and gave it a shot and… it was good. It didn’t have microlag or weird hit detection even though I’m playing it on a Thai server all the way from New England and although it’s a bit shinier than PUBG it doesn’t look anywhere like as cartoony as FN.

There’s a couple nice quality of life touches included, like being able to assign two scopes to a weapon and then use the “V” key to flip between the two. So you can put a holo and a 4x on your AK and quickly change without having to open your backpack.

Also, if you have a crap ton of accessories, like flash hiders, grips and stocks and you pick up a weapon they fit on, they all self-attach. You can still go into your bag and move them around, but they’ll move themselves to the first weapon they fit the first time you pick it up.

Then there’s dynamic weather. I played one round where it was clear the whole way through, but in the second one it start off clear but by the third circle the wind had really picked up and the last part of the game to the final circle was played in heavy rain.

More importantly, as someone who spent weeks in the creator section of City of Heroes back in the day, RoE allows you to spend hours getting just the right lip position in your angry face.

Sadly I couldn’t control individual freckle position.