Gentlemen, start your photocopiers! Royale is the new MOBA

This year, I wish I had a dollar for every game announcement that includes the word “Royale”.

Rumor has it that Cook Serve Delicious 2, will have a Battle Royale mode.

You will be challenged to make as many Royale with Cheese as you can in a given day.
If you hit the specified goal, you unlock the chicken dinner recipe for your restaurant menu.

j/k :)

I would play a top down ARPG BR game

im excited. Battlerite is awesome.

DOTA 2 also has a Battle Royale mode now?

So I just downloaded this and gave it a shot and… it was good. It didn’t have microlag or weird hit detection even though I’m playing it on a Thai server all the way from New England and although it’s a bit shinier than PUBG it doesn’t look anywhere like as cartoony as FN.

There’s a couple nice quality of life touches included, like being able to assign two scopes to a weapon and then use the “V” key to flip between the two. So you can put a holo and a 4x on your AK and quickly change without having to open your backpack.

Also, if you have a crap ton of accessories, like flash hiders, grips and stocks and you pick up a weapon they fit on, they all self-attach. You can still go into your bag and move them around, but they’ll move themselves to the first weapon they fit the first time you pick it up.

Then there’s dynamic weather. I played one round where it was clear the whole way through, but in the second one it start off clear but by the third circle the wind had really picked up and the last part of the game to the final circle was played in heavy rain.

More importantly, as someone who spent weeks in the creator section of City of Heroes back in the day, RoE allows you to spend hours getting just the right lip position in your angry face.

Sadly I couldn’t control individual freckle position.

Allegedly this will release on Steam today, provided you have your language options set to allow simplified Chinese.

I don’t know if you’ll be able to force this back to English the way you can with the Garena client, but I’m still having fun with this and it’s worth a try if you want something that spins off the ideas of PUBG and is a bit more… “arcadey”, without going as far as Fortnite.

it has native english now.

it is really interesting that you tried it. I have heard good things about it. That’s all the genre needs, a well optimized and feature complete BR. However, I’m pretty meh about shooters in the third person. I hate that recent trend. I’ll wait for them to add FPS

Every time I accidentally go TPP in PUBG I go “WTF is this shit?” It just feels so sluggish, so I literally can’t play it in TPP anymore.

It’s just crappy. I don’t get the trend towards it. You basically have cheats too, since you can look around walls without being visible. I just far prefer the more skill based first person mode.

Only millennials play in third person.

Has anyone played Escape From Tarkov? It’s sort of a BR game. It is pretty intense. losing everything on death, very very very advanced weapon customization, accurate damage modeling.

Yes:

It’s good, it’s tense. They seem to be going through some growing pains, but I look forward to final release.

That’s a bit different game than normal Battle Royale because it also has PvE and character progression.

I got tired of battle royale games in 1998 after playing them for years. No thanks to them all!

Yeah, I’ve been playing it in English through the Garena client and it’s not some add-on jank or bad translation so English is clearly in the game, currently you just have to use a batch file to switch it to English from Thai.

The Steam version still shows “English language not supported” however, and if this is the case at launch then you won’t see a “Play” button unless you go into your language preferences and enable Simplified Chinese.

Perhaps unsurprisingly it didn’t launch on June 1 and has rolled back to “coming soon” now, so I’m still playing it through Garena and it’s still fun. I’m learning the map more, which is most useful for how to get from A to B when the first circle is especially mean and appears on the other side of the map.

For reasons I’m unable to put my finger on, the map doesn’t feel as natural as PUBG’s original. The ROE map feels more designed - like I can see the hand of the terrain maker. It’s not the theme park in the middle filled with giant whales that does it either.

Interesting. I noticed that the game never released on steam either, and that its in Chinese. I think that will get updated though. There is not really any reason to release it on Steam to target a solely Chinese audience. I’m honestly excited for this game. Pubg nails the concept but fails in execution.

Recommend me a Battle Royale game…! As silly as this might sound… I really am struggling here. As I have shamefully stated before I indeed liked Radical Heights very much because it was so fast, was mostly about aiming and the shooting part felt right.
So today, again, I tried PUBG. While shooting feels good in this one too…the whole thing is sooo slow. Everytime I rush I get killed. Everytime I’m making top10/20 I bore myself to death and feel like the ultimate chicken… I really see no land in this game… (okay, I’m just 5 machtes in…). But could it be that there is quite some meta involved? How many games must I play before I get it? Should I read a guide?
And still: watching my killer is so boring…a match seems to take forever. Well I adapt? Despite the big ones (CoD, Battlefield) …what’s coming up that you would recommend given my stated preferences (fast, not too much meta-knowledge required, …and, oh god, no building…).

Are there still other shooters left worth diving into? Not too complex! For the first in several years I really like shooting others online… what to do? :-)

Have you checked out the new map on the experimental PUBG server? You can download the client in your Steam library (PUBG: Experimental Server) and try it for the next couple of days.

This is a smaller map? Maybe I should read this thread :-)