Gentlemen, start your photocopiers! Royale is the new MOBA

Anyone trying out Realm Royale? It’s already the eighth most played game on steam right now. I am going to give it a go today.

In related news, DOTA2 has more players than PUBG at the moment.

Played a few games… I like it. It’s hardly a real shooter (there seems to be quite some aim assistance too)…due to all the different (class) abilities. I’d call it an action-BR.
The unique feature of this one is what I like most about it: grinding the map to craft your class stuff at which the grinding is guided by the forging …and at the forges you’ll most likely stumble across a battle!
You have a horse right from the start. Riding, looting, shooting, forging, riding… is the rhythm of the game and there is a nice flow to it.

Playing with randoms works too. I’d prefer a solo mode… hopefully they will add it again.

RPG has an article… that matches my experience quite well.

p.s. the very simplistic graphics remind me a lot of WoW - might be the reasons I felt right at home.

It looks like Fortnite without the building. Which is exactly what I was looking for.

I think I’d die from boredom playing like that. My least favorite part of pubg is running around for 20 minutes in an empty area chasing the circle. I prefer to drop hot, get in good fights, and if you happen to do good you essentially loot the whole city and have a couple kills under your belt. plus, getting in firefights is fun in this game. avoiding all firefights for as long as possible may be effective but is boring. though, the end game suggestions are fine and how you should play.

this is where pubg should have kept their circle changes. They reverted them too fast, but those changes really sped up the game and kept more action in the midgame. one problem with pubg is that too many people die early when they can’t fight back.

Holy shit Mad Max battle royale?? Sign me the hell up!

There’s a beta going on that’s pretty easy to get into

Like I was saying…

This plus PUBG’s janktown-r-us permanently incompetent dev team is why Fortnite will continue to grow like a massive blob and dominate the genre, possibly for a decade.

Thanks for clarifying, everyone. Based on what was described, Fortnite is definitely a sound-based shooter.

Sound is incredibly important in every match. I can appreciate the thinking behind not being able to defensively build and how that makes sound and stealth very important to PUBG.

But in Fortnite, being able to build requires materials, and gathering materials typically means putting yourself at greater risk. You are making a lot of noise in order to get the materials you need. So, sure, defensively the building can be a great fallback when you’re caught out of position. But materials gathering carries risk that PUBG cannot replicate.

Is there any other way than being put on the waiting list at http://fractured-lands.com/ ?

The first Battle Royale announcement from E3!

Battlefield 5: Royale.

Cool, I remember StoneMountain64 asking DICE last year at E3 if they were going to add a BR mode and they pretty much laughed him off. What a difference a year makes.

100 soldiers drop on the jungles of france …to kill each another for loot?

well, that’s only how you described the way to win. I certainly don’t play pubg like that, and judging by how most people drop hot, I’d say that’s pretty common across the spectrum of people who play

I just signed up when someone pointed it out and it showed up a bit later

Is ranked BR a thing? I’d prefer it. All guys with >5 kills/game (50 matches recorded) rank up… and play their own silver-game… let the bad ones play for themselves bronze style… and so on. Why not? Beating all Dark Souls games without any online-help whatsoever is one masochistic thing - at least I got better in a way that the games were easier to beat… - playing ~200 matches to get just one lucky win in a BR is another masochistic thing… that makes really no sense. I said it before… it feels like gambling. Although one can enjoy the setting, the mechanics… the graphics and sound… it’s a game about winning the game.
Whereas in Dark Souls one day I’d rightfully beat the game in Fortnite/PUBG etc. - eventually I will have become a better player - my win will be due to favorable circumstances. I feel that this one ‘triumph’ is much less worth than lots of games making decisions and shooting players on my skill level, knowing that if - on my skill level - I do good, I’ll have a reasonable chance of winning.
I have to admit I kind of like playing against very good players… but in total it’s a misconception that one day I’ll have chance of beating them. Unlike Dark Souls.

Don’t take it all too seriously. It’s just a mood. But wouldn’t it be more interesting to play against players on the same level? Even in BR games.

And that right there is one of the reasons I love Qt3 so much. ;)

For the record, I was firmly in the TA team back then, but I certainly played all alternatives. ;)

Yes. At least PUBG has a match-making rank.

Sort of…

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news/solo-showdown-limited-time-mode

PUBG doesn’t really have skill based match making. just look at all the people who can easily get into games with high rank streamers. It’s mostly just getting 100 bodies in a server.