Gentoo is rice

As much as I use Linux, Gentoo Linux fanatics still annoy the hell out of me, which is why I laughed heartily when I found this website.

From funroll-loops.org:

“I don’t think that Debian can really compete with Gentoo. Sure it might be okay, but when it comes to dependencies, you probably are still going to have to get them all on your own. Or is there something like portage in the Debian world as well?”

“Hilarious. I did notice your last statement about no serious business considering Gentoo was not funny because it is not true. I do happen to know 2 high level network administrators who are very seriously considering Gentoo for their server farms. They had invested much time and effort building these systems and now Red Hat is dropping support and forcing an upgrade. They decided they would like to avoid a forced upgrade in the future . Since their time is valuable they are very seriously considering Gentoo and are evaluting it as we speak.

Also, Mandrake Expatriate Syndrome

Personally, I used to be a Gentoo user… but I’ve since given up on watching things compile for HOURS and switched over to Xandros. I don’t think I’m going to look back, either.

Xandros = “click, click… all my shit works? Wow.”