Get out those credit cards, people!

Edgy? You want an edgy Sims? How so? Did you expect the entire game to be like those screenshots they passed around a few months ago?

Troy[/quote]no, but i thought i’d read the sequel would probably be getting an ‘M’ rating for some degree of nudity and ‘teh sex!’. maybe i dreamt this up, or got it confused with singles…?

I think it features zombies making teh sex with other zombies. Don’t think I’m sick or anything, but that would rock!

:shock: :( :cry:

please never remind me of that thread again…

Edgy? You want an edgy Sims? How so? Did you expect the entire game to be like those screenshots they passed around a few months ago?

Troy[/quote]no, but i thought i’d read the sequel would probably be getting an ‘M’ rating for some degree of nudity and ‘teh sex!’. maybe i dreamt this up, or got it confused with singles…?[/quote]

Sounds like confusion with Singles, yeah. Understandable mix-up I think, and some of the Sims 2 screenshots we have seen have focused on nubile young women in bikinis, marijuana plants and goth chicks.

Are naked Sims something people really want to see, in any case? I mean sane people, of course.

Troy

Troy[/quote]no, but i thought i’d read the sequel would probably be getting an ‘M’ rating for some degree of nudity and ‘teh sex!’. maybe i dreamt this up, or got it confused with singles…?[/quote]

Sounds like confusion with Singles, yeah. Understandable mix-up I think, and some of the Sims 2 screenshots we have seen have focused on nubile young women in bikinis, marijuana plants and goth chicks.

Are naked Sims something people really want to see, in any case? I mean sane people, of course.

Troy[/quote]i was less interested in the nekkid and more interested in the other potentials of an “M” rating, ie, some system of law and the resulting illegal substances (the hashish plant suggested that); addictions, psych. disorders, etc. sure, you could “roleplay” all that stuff if you took manual control over a character, but i never had much interest in playing a life sim, considering, ya know, the real thing’s a little more interesting and accessible…

somehow the idea got in my head that the sims 2 would accomidate for the “darker side” of human life beyond setting your job to a robber. that sure would be an interesting game.

You also forgot,

Kohan II
MoH: Pacific Assault
CoD: United Offensive
Rome: Total War

Looks like a good month if even half of those show up. Hell I’d call it a good month just to get Kohan II.

And Myst III: Exile was excellent, so I have high hopes for this one.

[/quote]

Yeh, can we just sweep Uru under the rug please? Actually if they still make the boxes for it just scratch off any references to the Myst universe.

In Aus that’d be October 2009 (Uru , ugh, is still $90Au… )

all i need is Rome:Total War and im good for the rest of the year. Unless GTA:3:3 comes out be4 next spring on PC

Just out of curiosity, why is Revelation being listed as Myst IV? Wasn’t Uru Myst IV?

Peter

Uru is the bastard child of the Myst universe. Also it’s probably not ‘Myst IV’ because it didn’t follow the story of Atrus etc. (ie: you weren’t doing his ‘bidding’.)

Myst - Involved his evil sons
Myst2 - Riven , involved his evil dad
Myst 3 - Exile , some asshat from Riven got annoyed and had a cry
Myst 4 - His sons, again.

Uru - shrug … Peter Gabreil is on the radio, I think that was the games best feature.

The only games I’m looking forward to?

The Movies
Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War
Jade Empire for PC
Dragon Ages

Can’t really think of anything else that has actually excited me so far…
(No, I don’t own consoles)

I think S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Dangerous Waters are due out soon as well, Both are great games I am looking forward to.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, S.T.A.L.K.E.R … was…uh… delayed.

August yields Phantom Brave. That makes my whole year.

Too bad about you PC gamers, though.

OH. :shock: What’s the news on this now ? Any reason ?

Yeh, I know, it’s shit. Gives them time to make the game better though.

No one’s addressed the question I raised about holiday releases. Since there are industry-types reading this board, can someone respond, please? Why are these games being released in September, rather than November or December? I remember the original Half-life being released during the Christmas season in 1998, which makes me wonder why the sequel isn’t being released at a similar time. I mean, what’s two months? I think we’ve all noticed a marked change in the quality and quantity of holiday releases versus the way things were done in the '90’s, so what gives? Is pre-holiday now the consensus choice for a release date, rather than intra-holiday or what?

I think the holiday release rush has probably done as much to harm PC gaming as anything else. Lots of good titles get swept under the rug, because even though more people buy games in the holiday season, the releases far outstrip the consumption. It’s a make-or-break gamble, and lots of titles don’t make it.

I think the current treand isn’t so much a shift away from that as it is an attempt to build in a buffer for games that slip, or maybe to try to be first to market for the holiday season.