Get Witcher 3 for free on GOG if you already own the game on other platforms

You can claim The Witcher 3 on GOG for free if you already have the game on Steam or other platforms. Firstly, to get the game, make sure you have the latest version of GOG Galaxy 2.0 https://www.gog.com/galaxy, if you don’t, you won’t be able to claim it. Secondly, you have to connect your GOG account to other platforms like Steam by clicking on the Gear icon > Add games and friends > connect platforms. If you do these two steps, you will be able to claim the game.

Also, if you have the GOTY edition of The Witcher 3 on Steam or other platforms, you will get the GOTY Edition for free on GOG and if you have the base version, then you will get the base version.

There seems to be a problem, even if we have the GOTY edition, we are still getting the base version so GOG is looking into this right now.

Edit: The problem is fixed now.

So basically, they force their terrible client to do what connect was doing before. Progress!

you can still disconnect it after you get the game.

And if you are on Xbox and have Game Pass, you don’t even need to own a copy of The Witcher 3.

Is this one trick Microsoft doesn’t want us to know about?

Your doctor will hate it!

Very nice. At first I didn’t see a way to get it, but eventually GoG Galaxy told me there was an update available, and once I updated to the latest version, the Witcher 3 GOTY edition page under Xbox had the option to claim a GoG copy of the game, and it was the correct GOTY edition version of the game. So yay.

Now I just need to figure out if there is indeed a good first person mod for the game or not.

I can’t get a connection to PlayStation to work. Every time I try I get through the captcha only to get an error saying the connection timed out…

I had that problem with the PS connector last night but it was working today. The Steam connector is just plain broken, however.

That’s nice. I got the base version like many others even though I had a GOTY edition on Steam.

Maybe this will help:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general_beta_gog_galaxy_2.0/playstation_network_was_unable_connect