Getting all kinds of fake "you bought this from iTunes" messages

Order On App-Store of “Zombie Frontier 3: Sniper FPS”, payment has been accepted, payment added on February 9, 2019.

Dear Customer,
We have received your payment
purchase item “Zombie Frontier 3: Sniper FPS” on the App-Store on date Friday, 8 2019.
To find out more information you can see in the file attachment
ThankYou For-Always Trusting us…
Team Regards.

What is in these attachments they so desperately want you to open?

All phishing attacks. I’ve noticed a ton of them in my spam box lately too. It’s funny, the spammers switch vectors and you suddenly get 3-4 of the same phishing mail a day.

I am always suprised anyone even looks at these. I occasionally look at my spam box to make sure nothing important is in there, but I never open any of them.

That’s the thing - they’re terrible because they purposefully only want to attract the dumbest possible people. They only want the ones who will fall for the obvious scams.

But what if Zombie Frontier 3: Sniper FPS is really good and you just don’t know it!?!?

My first concern was that someone hacked my Apple account and was buying games. Then I noticed the address it came from. The weird thing is, I wouldn’t bother to open and check a receipt of stuff I purchased as it seems like a weird way to get someone to install something via phishing attack.

I don’t think gmail has ever sent a legitimate receipt to the spam folder. The one thing I really like about it, it’s very accurate in my experience.

Also if you don’t already, set up 2FA for your Apple ID.