Getting less fat in 2017... With technology!

This was inspiring to me, so I made it a resolution to do this in 2022: jogging, hiking, or walking, as long as I’m doing it deliberately for fitness. I downloaded Strava and like its app, so I’ll be using that to track. I think I’ll probably start a thread too for tracking and accountability. It’ll take some effort to get to 1000 miles, but barring injury I think I can do it.

My approach to health has always been exercise first. Exercise helps with everything: heart health, appetite, chronic pain (my wrists and forearms are varying degrees of very sore/painful basically every minute I’m awake–but exercise of any kind really helps), mental well-being. My weight drops not because I’m burning calories, but because exercise takes up time I’d otherwise be boredom snacking, and I deliberately fast before jogging so that’s even more time without eating. I’m more alert, with better focus, and a better self-image when exercising regularly. And when in-shape, I can do stuff like difficult hikes and rock climbing that I enjoy, but that require a certain amount of physical fitness.