So we’re having a bit of a static issue. It’s cold outside (a “dry cold,” as most Edmontonians will put it)… and with the cold weather, coupled with a dog who sheds way too much, we seem to be overrun with static electricity. The dog’s hair sticks to absolutely everything (couches, me, carpet) and my clothes tend to stick to me.
I don’t want to Static Guard the whole house – the stuff stinks and I don’t want to spray it all over my stuff – but are there any other ways to rid the place of this constant static charge?
That’s the truth, mold can grow on the coils. I installed a UV light that kills mold and junk, that has a side effect of knocking out some of the allergies my Daughter and I have. This is the UV thingy. http://www.airhealth.com/
You can also make your own anti-static spray using a small amount of liquid fabric softener mixed in a spray bottle of water, and then spray it on high-traffic carpeted areas. Not as good as a humidifier for overall static reduction, but it should help a bit.