Ghost Recon Breakpoint

I cancelled my sub, but do intend to go back in. I mean 60 hours in one month is 2 hours a day :/ A little break might not be a bad idea. Some random thoughts:

The loot shooter stuff turned out not to impinge at all. Swap out your stuff once a session and you’re good to go. Fortunately the UI for that is painless, unlike the mission UI :/ Shops, crafting, blueprints and upgrades exist… But I never touched them so I’ve no idea what they do :)

We kind of expect more NPCs, locations, systems from sequels and Breakpoint’s move to a less populated setting is either bold or disappointing, according to taste. I was fine with it, but the bizarrely limited enemy engagements you have in the wild are a real dropped ball. They need to have the enemy sweeping the area in line formation at least, and preferably different formations and numbers.

It would be nice if they reintroduced the AI teammates with RPG style locate/free/recruit missions to acquire them. Or at least made them each a perk unlock. I would also have liked helicopter and plane piloting, and maybe trailbikes to be unlockable skills, to give the progression some in game meaning. Make it part of Exploration mode.

Building up intel - directions & photographs from enemies, NPCs or documents from the required faction - was a really nice development of Odyssey’s quest system. More please.

I never 100% grokked the difference between main missions, side missions, faction missions and faction ‘supports’. The side missions you pick up from NPCs in the world were more fully featured and enjoyable than I expected. Faction support was as generic and repetitive as I feared, and the whole Chapter concept just introduced another layer of confusion I ignored. See also ‘battle rewards’.

But overall it was an ubigame, camp clearance in beautiful landscapes. Again. I loved it :)