Ghost Recon Breakpoint

I have some two hours in it so far, just starting out, and there are things I really like about it over Wildlands - it seems more immersion focused, with some new survival mechanics, the storytelling seems more cinematic and less generic, the atmosphere seems strong and I just dig the “behind enemy lines” vibe of it.

I still don’t get though why I cannot holster my gun outside Erehwon when inside it is holstered, so the animations exist already…dumb.

Graphics seems better in some ways and worse in others, the world does not seem to be as gloriously beautiful as Bolivia was so far and it seems blurrier somehow, even with that sharpening at max and downsampling from 3K.

The interface seems super weird and like a huge mess of all kinds of menus. I am sure I will get used to it, but damn. Just the objectives tab is quite something. I have no idea how the “episodes” work, I guess Episode 2 is the DLC stuff? I already seem to have access to it. And then there is something something Titan, those investigations, some sidequests…

I like that I can customize the AI teammates (immediately turned one guy into a woman so I can have to guy two girl team) but I guess they are not voiced in anyway? And I hoped there would be a mission to find them or something, a missed opportunity.

Anyway I think I will enjoy this a lot. Possibly more than Wildlands if the enhanced story focus and less generic missions last.