Ghost Recon Breakpoint

I started this the other day as me and my friend started looking for another PVE game to play together after getting a little tired of The Division 2. The reviews had me skeptical but it seems the changes to the game really made it better.
I’m having a blast, I love that you can go stealth mode (which isn’t an option at all in Division or many other multiplayers), and to have an actual story to follow. The graphics are pretty good, and it’s nice to play immersive mode and find a weapon you really like, instead of constant switching.

The map seems a little too big though, and slightly chaotic to comprehend.
And WHY oh why do they not offer GPS to map points.

Seems kind of immersion breaking?

“In 3 miles, kill guards at the checkpoint.”
“Follow the road, or drive off the cliff and blow yourselves up.”
“Your assassination target is ahead on the left.”

Scratch that - this would be amazing!

Hahaha =) I meant more since the map is HUGE and sometime you have a marker on the map that is like 30 km away. If you don’t want to use fast travel (which we try to avoid to actually make the game more immersive), and go for driving there, you could at least get SOME kind of indicitaions on what turns to take while on the road. Opening up that godawful map and checking the roads constantly is a bit annoying.

Yeah, I can see that. I’ve wished for that on a lot of games in fact.

Ubi ain’t giving up yet.

A tweet of an image of text? Bah.

Off to read!

The Teammate Experience Update is focused on improving your experience with your AI squad, while also adding some community requested features. Discover a new XP progression for your AI squad, and unlock new passive skills and abilities as you play. A dedicated quest log will also be available for you to experiment with the new AI squad features, while rewarding you with cool and exclusive rewards!

Release Window: End of Spring

While this stuff is all ok, I’d prefer some new locations.

They also made a blog post:

I recall playing the demo or a free weekend or something back when this first came out and enjoying it well enough. I hadn’t played Wildlands so if it wasn’t as good as that I didn’t have that knowledge bringing me down. Anyway, I was futzing around and thought of this for some reason and the Ultimate version is on sale over at Epic for $23 which drops to $13 with the coupon. I figure even if it’s only ok, I’ll get my money out of it for sure. Anyway, off to shoot some robots or cyborgs or whatever crazy things a Clancy game can throw at me.

Especially since they made the loot score stuff optional, and added back companions, I found it a lot of fun.

I might fire it up again to see the new companion abilities but I’m over familiar with the environments. I’ve done about 4 different missions in every building in Aurora. It’s no wonder the are NPCs are so on edge.

Hey, slow your roll!

I must say I’m curious to see a Tomb Raider crossover :)

Is that going to finally be the expansion that closes the story and lets Ghosts get the fuck off the archipelago?

Good idea. Closure would be good. Then we all go to Pandora.

Hotel Auroa:
You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave.

It turns out that Nomad is actually in a coma from the initial crash at the start of the game, everything that happens after that is a figment of his/her imagination as he dreams.

Maybe they wake up years later in a hospital somewhere in the US. There was no actual take over of the islands, they just had an issue with their communication satellite. The helicopter crash was an accident, pilot error.

This is my totally original, never used before take on things :D

Watching this now… would be interested to see what happens post-Breakpoint.

Free to play, PvP only. I’d say no sale but it’s already F2P, so no loss there!

They’re giving away the Deep State DLC for a few days. You need to claim it in the in game store somewhere.

Thanks for the heads up, I’ll check for this when I get back to my pc