Ghost Recon Breakpoint

You’re right, probably best not to be cute about it. Thanks.

Oh, beta’s downloading. Should be interesting.

Is that a public beta, or?

It’s private for people who’ve pre-ordered or signed up. I’m in the latter group, and also played the last beta. I’m interested to see if they’ve changed anything since then.

Soo…if I pre-order, which I would probably do anyway, I’d get in the beta?

If you pre-order on Uplay, then yes I think so. But you should double check on the game page there first.

Thanks! I’ll do just that.

I think you can also get in if you sub to Uplay+

I’ll be playing and streaming on Xbox. After playing a bunch of the technical tests I’m pretty stoked for this game to come out.

This series is such a guilty pleasure. The politics and tactics are largely atrocious, but so fun to recon and take out enemy bases. Wildlands, and now Breakpoint also look gorgeous. Looking forward to the Beta and October release.

Beta’s live :)

Liking it so far. As rumoured you’ve got some Division in your Wildlands. Getting high 20s fps mainly, on Very High/Ultra on a 1070 at 3440 x 1440.

I’m getting high 40 - low 50s on mostly Ultra and couple very high setting for 1440P, the performance so far are acceptable, and game looks amazing.

The one thing I don’t like is the hub/home base area where you can see all the players walking around is just jarring, also this game is always online, at least in beta, if you lose connection to UBI server, it will instant boot you out to main menu.

I like you can adjust the UI/HUD area to your taste, although I found up/down key for conversation/intel selection sometimes not working on PC, I had to use game pad up/down button to select option.

Also I feel this game lacks the atmosphere and charm of Wildlands, as there are almost no NPCs around on this island so far, the one you find are mostly lifeless.

The shooting feel OK, but the AI is kind lacking, it seems brain dead when in CQC mode, as I can killed tons of them in a narrow stairwell, and the AI will just ignore all the dead, and keeps coming. In the open area, the AI fares a bit better, I’ve seen them flank me and such.

The vehicle handling is kind like Wildlands, not very good to say the least. And don’t get me start on those pesky drones…

So far I would say wait for sale.

I thought the same on all those points although it adds up to something positive for me. I’m thinking a month of Uplay+ will do it :)

I couldn’t find it anywhere in the Uplay+ page. I don’t think it’s available to Uplay+ subscribers.

This is on the general Uplay+ page:

And are you sure you don’t have the Ghost Recon Breakpoint Beta tab in Uplay?

Ah thanks. I might have that tab. I didn’t look. I was looking under the Uplay+ tab. I’ll look when I get home tonight.

Well I like this. It does have a different feel from Wildlands, judging purely from this. It is a little more solo survival in an area less populated than Bolivia. I think it’s good if they mix things up a bit. Though there are an awful lot of low interest bad guys standing around near motorbikes across the landscape. It’s also interesting to see how the ever evolving cocktail of ubi-elements show up in each title. This has the guided/non-guided choice from Odyssey and maybe the mission giving NPCs from Far Cry 5. I wouldn’t mind the first person option, or underwater sections from those games next please Ubi :)

Thumbs up.

It has also shown me that 28 fps is just fine for me. Upgrade postponed!

So that “Ghost Recon Breakpoint Beta” tab did not have the beta access I was looking for. It was indeed in the Uplay+ tab, but instead of continuously scrolling down and clicking “more” to find it, I did a search for it instead, and found it that way. Sadly, none of my three hard drives has that much room. The beta requires over 36 GB.

So I’m running WinDirStat now, to see if I can find that much room to free up. I recently went through this process to install Gears of War 5, which was much bigger, so I doubt I can come up with any more room, unless I uninstall one of the large games that I’m currently playing.

New hard drive time!