Ghost Recon Breakpoint

Yeah I left him for the end and it works well. No idea why they would let players go after him right away. It’s just unnecessary.

Anyway, onto Sam Fisher infused episode 2 now. And I hope the ep3 transcendence will ship soon so I can finish it all and get my SSD space back :)

Oh, one other thing that annoys the hell out of me. The fact that as a highly trained, superbly conditioned, expert soldier I can’t descend a simple flight of stairs at anything other than a crawl without sliding and slipping like the soles of my boots are coated with Teflon. Heh.

Russians incoming on Sep 15th…

That is effing terrible. Not that the narrative is coherent in the first place, now they just magically dropped in Russians. Previous episodes had zero hint that there are Russians on the island. The missions themselves are just run-of-the-mill stuff.

I thought Transcendence is the last DLC for year 1 and is supposed to finish off the story, but the story after Red Patriot is still dangling, i.e. people are still stranded on the island.

Wow, that’s some bullshit. I was also expecting Transcendence, but that has been apparently scrapped in favour of russians (who needs rogue AI when you have russians, amirite) but the fact that it still does not finish the story…

Oh look at that - I have some in game currency which lets me ‘buy’ the Russians missions for no real money. Why not.

I dropped the game because of the drone bug on Xbox (sometimes the drone button does nothing, and only a fast travel fixes it). Apparently it had been bugged for a long time… anyone know if that’s fixed?

No clue if it’s fixed, and I don’t have an Xbox, but on the PC, both the drone and the little kill drones would bug out all the time. The latter so much so that after the companions were added I stopped using them entirely, as mostly they simply would not work.

The drones? They’re fine for me. I had no idea there was a problem.

Oh hang on you mean the synch shot drones. Not sure about those - agree it seems to get confused about whether you’re ordering a squadmate or the drone to shoot.

I quite like the new Pathfinder predator style drone, though it could be more deadly. It’s less effective than your team really, but it’s nice to have a different tool.

I’ve had issues with the recon drone, though it might have been a case of a cooldown that wasn’t being shown or something. The sync shot ones though are bugged to hell and back usually.

And now I’m expected to follow a blood trail without witchervision. Come ON game :)

I just finished Red Patriot an hour ago, have 104 hours in it total (PC version) and also had no issue with drone(s).

Anyway, I assume this is it, no more story content for this game? It does end with murdering (in my case karambiting) the big bad (Stone), but the ending cutscene is about 30 second long nothing much and we are indeed still at Auroa.

Don’t know, guess so.

My being impressed at being trusted to follow a line of blood textures didn’t last. The trail doesn’t spawn unless you manually ‘investigate’ each stage. On one hand I applaud Ubi for these little non-shooter additions but on the other, they need to be better at them.

I was enjoying all these ‘Russian’ missions - they all have a bunch of steps with some scripting - but then the finale is just a megaspawn of enemies on top of you, with the checkpoint way back before the difficult part. Grr.

Just noticed they enabled the island they were using for raids for solo play now, so that’s a new medium sized area to poke around. It has a new volcanic section… Might give it a whirl.

Game is X|S enhanced now.

I haven’t followed this in awhile, that last big update back in November looks decent.

The improvements sound pretty good. I remember the old item wheel being a pain.

Do they make weapons and gear from events available after the event ends?

The game is a solid foundation so I’m interested in firing it up again sometime for sure. Too much else going on right now, and Far Cry 6 is around the corner…