Ghost Recon Breakpoint

Don’t time savers act against subscriptions…?

Lmao that’s hilarious.

Not when the “time savers” are infinite!

It sounds like they raised the prices on the most popular stuff early adopters were buying the most of.

I didn’t buy anything in the Beta, and likely wouldn’t buy anything in the full game.

I doubt you’ll even notice if you’re just soloing or co-op’ing PvE.

Still… egregious tactics in play.

Time savers being removed from in game store before release.

“For now”

“Wait for a deep deep sale” he said @19:34. He even said it twice (@20:11 again). 20 minutes of my liftetime for one review? No way ; )

I listen to reviews in the car on my way home. Makes an hour drive feel shorter.

Yep, I get that. I was just poiting out that old habits not only just don’t die easily but become useful in the era of “everybody’s doing videos”: looking for the score first : )

He says in this video that he also gave Wildlands a 'Wait for a deep deep sale". So keep that in mind if you actually enjoyed Wildlands.

This review sounds like the boxes all came out unchecked on his spreadsheet, but he actually liked playing it.

And that’s why you don’t just look at the final score ; ) Thanks for clarification.

One reason is that Youtube monetizes long videos a lot more than short videos. The result is now you have to suffer through really long videos.

Hmm, and I thought I was going crazy feeling that youtube videos on average got longer lately.

Wait for a sale is dumb advice. It’s already on sale for $15 for a month. Whether that’s a good deal would be more useful info.

That should fall under the “Rent” category, right? Except usually renting is more short term, so I suppose the rent category needs an update, since renting is a lot more affordable now. I think Gamefly charges about the same rate. ($15/month for one game at a time, IIRC)

I am just gonna wait till I get it for pennys on the dollar, like I did with Wildlands from one of the Humble monthly’s.

ACG’s schtick has always been longer thorough review videos, he even mentions it at the beginning. Personally, I rather watch an interesting 20 minute review with a detailed explanation of the game, than a short one that barely mentions anything other than the score.

Played around with this a bit. It plays pretty well, combat, environment, and movement-wise. It looks/feels like a Far Cry game though, which is neither good nor bad, but certainly is different from Wildlands IMO. I find the pinning objectives system awkward, along with most of the rest of UI. And remapping controls seems wonky, with some remaps simply not possible.