Ghost Recon Wildlands - Ghosts say no to drugs

http://blog.ubi.com/ghost-recon-wildlands-announced/

Open-world, co-op, 3rd-person military dudes fighting a Bolivian drug cartel.

“With Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands, we’re moving the Ghost Recon franchise in a new direction, with a massive, beautiful and living open world that reacts to players’ choices,” said Nouredine Abboud, Senior Producer, Ubisoft. “Whether going it alone or teaming up with friends in co-op, players in Ghost Recon Wildlands will never encounter the same situation twice, providing endless possibilities and creative freedom to cultivate very personal stories and experiences with the game.”

By the time this releases, the Ghost’s sci-fi equipment will be real.

I was going to comment on how many games were announced but not coming until 2016, but I didn’t see a specific date mentioned in the link you provided - is there a known date? If it’s in 2016, then, “What’s the deal with all these games being announced with short, CGI teasers and a 2016 release? Isn’t anything coming out this year!?”

No date yet. The Division doesn’t even release now until March 2016, which I could easily see getting pushed back to Oct/Nov 2016, because who wants to miss the holiday sales on a new IP?

That would put this in 2017 at best.

Looks like this is coming this year, or early next year.

http://blog.ubi.com/new-ghost-recon-wildlands-trailer-shows-off-diverse-environments/

More info coming at E3.

Interesting to compare to Homefront. Apart from anything else, I’d like to go to South America. I don’t want to go to rubble strewn Philly. Maybe not even the Division’s post-disaster NY. In this one there are trees and stuff.

For what it’s worth, not all of Philly is rubble-strewn in Homefront. That’s just the red zones where you’re in open combat with the Koreans. The yellow zones are more like Assassin’s Creed gameplay Philly, and at least one of the later yellow zones has a touch of opulence.

-Tom, bucking for the title of Official Homefront: :The Revolution Apologist

Does anyone know if Wildlands is going to be in the Destiny/Division model or will it be taking a different approach?

-Todd

Ok Ubi is batting 1000 in tone deafness. Between Watchdogs, The Division, and now this I am having a hard time thinking of an authoritarian angle they haven’t covered. Oh yeah, cop worship, I guess Battlefield Hardline had that covered.

I had a similar thought while watching the trailer. Sigh.

-Todd

The secret is not to play more than one of them, and dilute it with Stardew or something.

Peaceful Resistance Simulator tested poorly in alpha.

The core problem is that when your main gameplay verb is shooting, stalking, spying, then there’s only so many scenarios you can come up with where those gameplay verbs fit that world.

Three Moves Ahead had an episode that discussed just such a game alongside Twilight Struggle and XCOM Enemy Within.

-Todd

“We are judges… deciding who will live, and who will die.”

Hell, I understand because “game” reasons, but man am I getting sensitive to the laziness.

I was hoping for an open world “Judge Dredd” game set in MegaCity.

Customization trailer:

https://www.twitch.tv/twitchprime/v/92434851?sr=a&t=4355 (starts in 1:13)

This looks like better than in E3. Good progress.

Oh right. I’d forgotten about this game. I was thinking “So Ubisoft will only have Watch Dogs 2 out in the near future, with no Assassin’s Creed or Far Cry game until 2018?” But no, Ghost Recon Wildlands as well. Hopefully it’s a great game and they’re able to keep the lights on and fight off Vivendi advances.

Looks good, like a Future Soldier mixed with MGS 5. I know this will not be storydriven game but I still wish it had strong writing as well to give me some good motivation to actually do all that cool stuff in it.