Ghost Recon Wildlands - Ghosts say no to drugs

Well, that’s one way to get me to reinstall!

-Tom

Still loving The Division. Looking forward to try Wildlands. How similar/different are they? Some say Wildlands is the open-countryside Division.

Oh hellll yes. Glad I bought this on sale, now!

I haven’t played that much of The Division but I think Wildlands enemies are less bullet spongy. There are also a lot of vehicles lying about with fairly arcadey handling - Bolubia is really big and all open to you.

Wildlands is 90% more Borderlands. They tried to make a serius game, but all the physics and glitches and emergent behaviors made the world into a silly place where “what the hell happened?” happens every few minutes.

Is a fun game. But the game they made and the game they tried to make are different.

Wildlands is “Mercenaries Locker room” simulator.

The game give the best impression of being a mercenary in a jeep with a bunch of bros and sister that modern gaming can create. The stupid but glorious chitchat is everything.

Is also sometimes really really really pretty, even for jaded modern gamer eyes.

http://blog.ubi.com/ghost-recon-wildlands-legendary-movie-monster-predator-coming-free-dlc/

I really, really like the fact that they are releasing free DLC for this. This looks awesome. Anyone else still playing? I’ll give it a try this weekend.

I still dip into it single player. Go in, shoot some fools, maybe go into the Fallen Ghosts DLC for a bit. Its a good game with good support I dig it. If I HAD to whinge I would say I think the addition of immune to bullets except headshots NPC’s in Fallen Ghosts is a poor design decision. But aside from that, its my goto open world stealthy thing. Good stuff.

Enemies in Wildlands have a lot less health if they haven’t been ‘alerted’ yet. They get a bit more when in proper combat but it’s still a far cry from the bullet sponges of Division. Even bosses tend to just take a few rounds to down, it’s more about hitting them without getting hit yourself.

Thanks for your input. I like that it is a pretty, pretty game… so I will try it out when there is a sales going on. That Predator DLC is a good excuse. While I didn’t really like silly stuff, I guess I need to have some laughs some time :) The Division is just too serious!

Man I hated The Division. It had the same problem Borderlands had, enemies with craptons of fake health bar that took forever to take down. Not my cup of tea.

How else would a game, which is built solely on farming for gears and weapons, be fun if the enemies does not have crapton of health as the players advanced?

As I may have said already, they offer a 5 hour free trial of the full game.

More interesting game design? Crapton health plinking is boring, lazy game design. Especially when they are all humans.

I thought this Predator DLC was free? They want $20 for it in the store. Laaaaaaaame.

You sure man?

Ok, looks like the mission is free, the skins and stuff aren’t. Cool!

My friends and I are taking this guy on tonight with a full 4 man squad. We are starting now, my gamertag is ELGUAPODC on Xbox if anyone wants to join us/fill a gap in our ranks if a baby cries and pulls any Dads out.

Awesome. yeah me and my son are gonna try and take down this bad boy :)

I did it a little earlier today solo, took me about 5 tries. It’s very basic unfortunately, there’s so much they could have done with this rather than a tiny, throw away mission.