Ghost Recon Wildlands - Ghosts say no to drugs

Thats fine, @Alistair - You should be busy playing Prey ;-)

Ha :) Actually working through my giveaway copy of Company of Heroes 2.

Could be caused by the Denuvo/EAC activation.
If you remove the temp files releated to these the game should attempt to re-authorize/activate itself and might work.

Atleast that is what I had to do to get it working earlier after messing about with bypassing the EasyAntiCheat spyware it comes supplied with.

• Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands\EasyAntiCheat\Cache

Also try making a shortcut

• \Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands\GRW.exe" -eac_launcher

Course, haven’t run it for a month, so if they’ve patched it again and messed something up… could be.
I know they tried to do some shit with EAC that caused problems for some singleplayer cheats and possibly added more EAC-malfeasance - which could prevent you from playing it “normally” also.

Deleting the Cache folder fixed it for me.

Picked up the Fallen Ghosts DLC. Glorious. When you get in a helicopter to take down some radio antennas, it switches to Ride of the Valkyrie.

All it took was the one recommendation! Just bought it myself.
I seem to prefer Bolivia to Montana.

Bolubia > Montubia :)

If only helicopter controls were somewhat decent… at least they’re better than the random control scheme they had before, but it still is pretty terrible.

I’d like to read a gamasutra postmorten on how they came up with the abomination they did.

++ for Ride of Valkyrie

I find the improved version ok, although the original set were just bizarre :) Planes are still a bit weird - their default tendency seems to be to nosedive into the ground, so you’re constantly balancing that with the controls. I guess when you’re as big as Ubisoft, some things fall through the cracks.

Haha, the original controls … I’m not sure there were any, or, it was a “hope based” control scheme.

I hope I dont crash soon.
I hope the chopper will turn towards where I want to go
I hope at least 1 rocket will be fired towards the direction of my target.

You’ll finally get to customize the appearance of your AI members.

Will it also make them more usefull I wonder, or are we to spend every mission tagging 3 mobs for silent takedowns while we sit outside a base forever (tagging stuff with the drone) to avoid alarms which will result in an endless supply of enemies attacking you.

:O

D:

OMG IT’S THE OG SAM FISHER!!!

Can I relate something that may have finally turned me off of Ghost Recon: Wildlands? I mean, yea, the game is dumb fun. But even i have limits.

Sure, the Santa Blanca Cartel has strung up bodies of villagers all across the map and the tone is oh so Ubisoft and Tom Clancy - ie., we need to you follow the map icons gameplay but here’s a video of how bad they are, and Harrison Ford / Tom Cruise / Lady of Your Choice is the Last Good Government Man/Woman who can save the world.

And the game’s nonsense narrative even seemed to work briefly - the local coca grower driven into the arms of the cartel because of everything-looks-like-a-nail-when-all-you-have-is-a-hammer antidrug American foreign policy. The leader of Santa Blanca trying to turn a drug cartel into a religious movement.

But then… you get to the provinces in northwest corner of the map. {spoilers ahead}

In one mission, you’re told that “all the women in town have disappeared”. Then you capture the buchon’s wife who cries that “she doesn’t know what he does with the women.” When you finally take the guy down, you’re rewarded with a pistol called “The Lady Killer.” WTF?

Then you’re forced to take down an air smuggling ring. Turns out they are also involved in “human trafficking”. Then one of the guys admits they are grabbing women - and he says this explicitly - to sell as sex slaves. And then you LET HIM GO because he gave you info on the smuggler. Then you meet a couple other guys who the game crassly overhears planning on kidnapping twins from their mother’s home “out in the middle of nowhere”, raping them and then “throwing them in with the other women” they’re shipping off into sex slavery. And then you LET HIM GO after you get the info you needed. Eventually you stop the smuggler.

WTF? Am i wrong about this?

I just imagine mission briefings like this:

[A local drug lord has murdered hundreds of women. Ask him for the codes to the warehouse.]

Don’t we want to look for the missing women? Don’t we want to free the women being sold into slavery? I mean, the problem isn’t Santa Blanca anymore, game. That tone deafness crossed some invisible line into a level of stupid that made this already stupid, tone deaf game hard for me to play.

Maybe rescuing the women is father along in the campaign? (Trying to give them the benefit…)

Sounds like standard operating procedure for undercover CIA operatives; “The mission (WoD) is more important than anything else…”.

You don’t have to let anyone go. Pop a round in him after they give you the info, if it completes your immersion.

Emergent gaming!

I have done this many times. My favorite thing to do is to wait for them to walk away and then send an explosive drone over to kill them with extreme prejudice.

So there’s some new mission involving Sam Fisher. Anyone know how to start it…?