Ghost Recon Wildlands - Ghosts say no to drugs

Havent tried it yet, but for the Predator one you went into the map and there was a new mission icon, you went there and it triggered the new stuff.

Didn’t seem to be that simple this time. Maybe I missed it but I found it after a while in the La Cruz missions (down South) rather than visible on the map.

Looks like it’s getting a free weekend coming up. I know very little about this, is it an ok single player experience?

https://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/wildlands/en-us/free-weekend/

It is an awesome single player experience. Having your team of 3 other soldiers helping you out is so much fun.

I think it’s great SP.

However, this free Sam Fisher mission is some bullshit. Why would anyone think an insta-fail stealth mission is what an Ubigame needs?

There’s a doorway around the backside of the camp. Once you have that figured out it is super easy. Run through it, hide to the left of the building that’s in front of you. Wait for patrols to clear, then run forward into the next building and up the stairs and Sam is right there. Prepare to defend him with everything you have. Call up your Guns of Hire and Mortar Strikes and Diversions and have fun.

I find it no more bullshit than all the other insta-fail Stealth missions which I hate equally. They are easily my least favorite Wildlands missions. This one I’d rate at a 7 out of 10 for difficulty. There is no way to cheese it. Though someone claimed to have driven a unidad vehicle right up to Sam’s building and got out I never tried that.

Its decent, but your AI companions are nearly useless unless you use them in a spot-to-stealth-kill-everyhting mode + the occasional revive. The game comes with EAC though.

After MGS5 I’m looking for a game to scratch my open world stealth game itch. Is this it? Do I have to kill lots of people in Wildlands instead of abducting them and then brainwashing them in MGS5?

Also, if I buy the Gold Edition, which comes with season pass, will it cover BOTH season 1 and 2, or just season 1?

MGS5 is a ferrari. Comparisons are unfair to the other cars.

I personaly like the GRW balance. But is one where you can play silently until the first alarm start, then is pew pew pew. You may not like this if you are strict about it.

Or was like that 65 million years ago. Maybe the game have changed since release.

There are rescues, abductions and interrogations plus car and aircraft thefts. But you will end up killing a lot of people unless you’re better at stealth than I am :)

yeah I looked at the gameplay videos, there are LOTS of killings. It is all ra-ra militarism in Ghost Recon vs. bizarre Kojima in MGS5.

Frankly I don’t expect to love MGS5 so much. But I do. There is a BIG box of tools (gradually unlocked). The game tasks you to go nuts on how to use those tools to accomplish a set of objectives. Scotched earth? No trace? Non-lethal? Or just mix it up? You decide (though the game steers you to non-lethal ghosting).

I may just have to give this a go, especially with the free weekend. Thanks for the comments.

There are lots of way to approach enemy locations. I was at one base and silently killed a guy on the perimeter, then started making my way along the back fence. When I looked up, I saw the guards had found the dead body, and everyone had run off in the direction of where he was killed, leaving the main house empty. I ran in, got the documents I needed and took off before anyone saw me. That’s a pretty basic example, but there are lots of emergent things like that in the game.

I’m a few hours in. It is the same Ubisoft icon hunt BS, but the driving and flying is terribad. So maybe because you are driving a sedan in dirt road that makes the handling bad? Chopper is ok, but the light plane is just so hard to turn. I miss the Fallout 4 BoS pickup and drop off method of fast travel.

I can see why the story made the Bolivian government’s blood boil. The briefing by “Karen Bowman” is so sarcastic sometimes it is hard to take the game seriously as any kind of milsim, and it can come across as completely disrespectful to the Bolivians.

I also grabbed this post free weekend. Do the Unidad forces keep spawning or do they stop at some point? Is there an active way to make them stop?

Also, I assume sync shots are silent?

Are there “builds” or do you end up getting plenty of skill points/materials to basically take what you want?

If you take out an alarm, no Unidad helicopters will show up. I feel like I’ve seen both infinite and limited numbers of Unidad drive up at different times - not sure what the difference was. Running away will get you free of them pretty quickly.

Sync shots seem to be silent, right.

I found plenty of points for all skills, but I played it for a long time. I don’t think there are any mysteries about what is useful. Maybe watch out for the one to have your buddies revive you more than once :)

Unidad chases you until you evade them, GTA style. Santa Blanca doesn’t have alert levels so it’s much easier to escape them or you can just kill them all.

Yeah, there’s actually a “Unidad Patrol” level UI that pops up in the upper right corner when you’ve sufficiently riled them, also like GTA.

Thanks, all!

I too picked this up on sale and have started playing. It has a completely different feel to Far Cry in the way it plays. It’s also, so far, taking itself way too seriously.

I’m having difficulty understanding the sync shot activation. I hit Q to tag an enemy, one of my guys, “gets into position,” then gives me an affirmative, “ready.” Then I hit Q again. Then I hold Q. Then I hit Q like 10 more times.

At some point, my guy who was, “ready,” actually kills the target, but that moment is about a good 10-15 seconds after I expected him to do it, so at times another enemy has walked over and now I suddenly have a group on alert.

What am I doing wrong?

Press and hold Q to have them fire. And you have to be looking through a scope or drone to give the order, I think I remember.