Ghost Recon Wildlands - Ghosts say no to drugs

Sad it isn’t more of a real location but I guess they didn’t want to deal with pissing off a country like they did Bolivia.

Breakpoint will be always online.

That’s a shame. Wildlands was perfectly fine as an online optional game.

Someone mentioned weapon rarities and levels. Don’t tell me this is a fucking looter shooter (even light), because that would make me puke.

Oh no.

Just like Ghost Recon Wildlands, character customization is back. You’ll be able to create the operative of your dreams, or make someone that resembles you in the game. However, in order to stand out, you’ll have to acquire loot. Loot can be found throughout the world, and drops from mini-bosses and other challenging foes. You can find everything from boots to weapons as you try to become the most powerful force on the island of Auroa.

The loot drops are quite similar to The Division 2, but the developers didn’t want to make the comparison. It seems that they want Ghost Recon Breakpoint to be judged on its own merit. There are five levels of rarity, so you’ll spend a lot of time replaying missions to acquire better gear. There are also a ton of weapon attachments accessible through a vendor

I can’t wait for the next AC game to just be a riff on this template too. They already have the open world, loot rarities, bosses, etc. Just homogenize everything.

It’s all about the jink jink.

Man, I flippin’ love Wildlands.

Excited! Although, maybe not so much at having to shoot down drones.

We should probably make a new thread for the new game.

Always online :-(

The gameplay stream didn’t have Division-style bullet sponging, which is the main downside of a loot-heavy game IMO.

Then what is the point of weapon rarity and levels? Wildlands had loot in that you collected more weapons and attachments (so you had more choices), but every weapon was viable. Having rarity and levels seem to go against that.

No idea. I wonder if there are difficulty levels you can choose when you choose the time of day etc for a mission. Then tougher enemies would be provided at higher levels. Raids have also been mentioned.

So, I got Wildlands free with The Division 2. Only got around to installing it last night, as summer is here (well, it’s cold AF outside still but we had graduation Saturday so effectively the formal school year is done). I was skeptical, but man, Ubi can build freakin’ worlds! Bolivia looks fantastic. Just roaming around is pretty satisfying. I only half-assed one firefight, and died, but saw enough to know that I’m gonna like this probably.

I had a lot of fun with wildlands but I played with internet friendos and I love random stuff and is full of randoness

One of us! One of us!

Admittedly, the whole Tom Clancy shtick is getting really old for me, but then again I was working in the DC area in the defense/intel business in the heyday of the technothriller and I pretty much had my fill a long time ago. Of course, the very things that make that genre questionable in some ways make it a perfect fit for this sort of game.

I know this is a necro, but I ran into this several times the last few days. I got the game for free with The Division 2, but only now got around to trying it. I really dig it–Ubi does great open worlds, though I wonder if the Bolivian Embassy was pissed at how their country gets portrayed!–but the one thing that has caused me to fail missions more than anything else is hitting F when I mean to hit E for “grab.” Oops.

Oh, and apparently (and this may well be very accurate) roads are mostly or walking. I have, shall we say, not demonstrated a lot of skill in navigating a motor vehicle through Bolivia so far.

The answer to your question is yes.

Cool, thanks for that! Not surprising, really.

Is there a way to stop the stupid “Hit to join a public thingamajig” messages? Mildly annoying.

And what is it with the rebels? I take a facility, and it’s crawling now with freedom fighters, and I still get points for tagging the supplies the rebels are standing right next to? WTF? Too much coca?