Ghostbusters: Afterlife - The real Ghostbusters 3

Confirmed by Sony Execs at ShoWest for 2011.

Busting makes you feel good… Again!

Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah.

This means nothing without Bill Murray and Dan Ackroyd involved. Or Rick Moranis and Sigourney Weaver as well.

Also Hudson and especially Ramis.

Bustin’ makes me feel good.

Supposedly everyone is in, although there will be new Ghostbusters as well.

Also written by two guys from The Office, which definitely feels right to me.

Not something I say often, but…I agree with Dirt. Ramis is key.

Wow, even Rick Moranis? I heard he retired from acting after his wife got sick and died. I’d love to see him in something again, and a new Ghostbusters would be just the thing.

I suspect when they say “everyone,” they mean Murray, Aykroyd, Ramis, and Hudson.

Yeah, he retired to spend time with his kids. I hope so too, he was such a great character actor.

I will be absolutely floored if they get Moranis. He has said that he simply doesn’t miss acting and doesn’t need the money (thanks to the boatloads of cash he made off the Honey I Shrunk series). If he turned down the Ghostbusters videogame, which would have been maybe one day of travel and one day of VO work, I can’t possibly see him signing on for a full film shoot.

Weaver they’ll probably get just because Murray’s doing it. She turned down the videogame initially but when she found out Murray was in she asked if she could be in it. They’d already written Dana out of the story, though, so no dice.

Yeah. Last time we had this conversation I got completely owned for making a dismissive comment about Rick Moranis, so I looked into it. He really only does stuff if his kids push him into it, which is how Disney was able to get him for Brother Bear and the sequel. Not coincidentally, those are also the last two movies he’s done and both are voice acting, done without having to travel to Disney’s studios.

He did do a Grammy nominated country album, though!

I’m pumped that they’re making another movie, but I’m wondering what it’ll be like with fat, old Ghostbusters. Is it gonna be an, “I’m too old for this shit,” kind of thing? Perhaps they’ll be mentoring some new, younger guys/girls that can carry the franchise forward. Whatever they do, I’ll be there to see it on day one.

I heard Moranis wouldn’t be in it, but I suppose he might have been persuaded to change his mind. I must say, much as I loved the first one, the sequel was just horrible. But you can always hope.

Perhaps that’s why scribes from The Office are writing it and no Aykroyd and Ramis.

Has there been an 80s movie brought back recently that was any good? I just can’t be optimistic about these comebacks anymore.

If the Office writers are writing it, there’s a strong chance of Ramis involvement, because he directed a couple episodes of the Office.

I didn’t think the sequel was that bad. Geez, it gave us Vigo, Janosz, mood slime, dancing toasters, a NES Advantage-operated Statue of Liberty …

‘We had part of a Slinky. But I straightened it.’

‘On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood!’

‘So your alien had a room at the Holiday Inn, Paramis?’

‘Let’s see what happens when we take away the puppy.’

‘Give me a break, we’re both lawyers!’

And every fucking thing that Peter MacNicol said.

My girlfriend hates it, too. I don’t get it. Sure, not as good as the original, but still pretty good on the average.

Look at it this way, at least it’s not a “reimagining” of the original starring Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson, Jack Black and Snoop Dog.

That actually sounds like a plausible cast some dumbass in Hollywood would put together. You might have missed your calling as a casting director.

http://www.hollywood.com/news/Ramis_Plans_Ghostbusters_3_with_Stiller_/3467374

Moviemaker Harold Ramis is trying to bring his Ghostbusters movie franchise back to the big screen–and he wants Ben Stiller to star in a third film.