Ghostbusters - June 2009

It’s happening. It’s really, really happening.

Trailer looks great - I really love that they’ve managed to capture the visual style, and have the proper voice talent.

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/22848

So glad Atari picked this up.

Nice facial and body animation… in fact, it kinda made me think it was all rendered.

Oh man, all the hours I spent playing Ghost Busters on the Commodore 64. I hope this is a well thought out thing, because if it is I’m all over it.

Agreed, Royal. All of the animations felt really great, in the way that I didn’t have the feeling I was just watching a video game cutscene. Maybe one of the few games where I’ll actually give a crap about cutscenes, too.

Griddle, I’ve heard some great stuff from people who’ve played it. A few nits, certainly, but overall positive impressions. Most significantly about the tactics of catching ghosts, the accuracy of the visual effects, and the way they work your character into the team.

The biggest nit I’ve heard is that before you get to the primary ghost of a job, you’re blasting other little ghosts as though it were a shooter - which I’d agree is a bit off, but wouldn’t destroy anything.

Not only will I get this day one, but I’ll buy the most expensive version of any collector’s edition they inevitably come up with to trick stupid people like me out of my money. See my recent purchase of The Real Ghostbusters: The Complete Collection.

Well, looks like I’ll be buying it then. Although the shooter part sounds kind of odd considering they trap ghosts, not “kill” them. Oh well, ya take the good with the bad most times. :)

I think I’m joining the sucker club for this one as well, Steve.

Gimme’ my light-up slimer keychain and DLC Terror Dog armor.

That trailer is incredible. Is it planned for PC, or just consoles?

H.

It’s coming out on PC, 360, PS3, PS2, Wii, iPhone, TI-85, and cup and ball.

This has absolutely made my day.

If they went the Gears 2 route and offered some kind of prop proton pack edition for $130, I’d pay for it.

If it had a button that made that cool power-up sound, yeah I would too.

Came across this while I was looking for a lightup slimer keychain.

Are they still planning on having the more realistic graphics for the PC,360 and PS3 and the cartoon graphics for the Wii?

I can’t believe no one has put out high quality Ghostbusters action figures a la DC Direct or McFarlane Toys. It must be a licensing nightmare or something.

Yikes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnH7XelV-I0

Hello tonight’s nightmare. I appreciate getting a preview of you during the day.

Yeah, the ghostbusters look pretty good, no uncanny valley stuff going on from what I can tell. They seems to be well-made 3D cartoon versions of the actors. Still odd, though. Something about how Peter Venkman’s zipper on the front of his jumpsuit smoothly swings back and forth as he’s riding in Ecto-1.

But I am intrigued. If it is fun to play, I could be really into this.

Are there any recent gameplay videos?

Speaking of Ecto-1, in the trailer the Ghostbusters symbol is emblazoned on the hood of the car, which was not the case in either of the movies. I’m wondering if this is an oversight on their part or a reflection of some updates to the car.

Also, this picture result from my quick Google Image Search for Ecto-1 is too cool not to share:

Yes, but they are not from the Real Ghostbusters cartoon, they’re original renditions of the GBs.

The cutscenes are really good, there’s some awesome background interaction and reaction that really makes it feel like a movie.

I’m a-gonna shut up now, until the game is released so I don’t get in trouble.