GI Joe extended cameo in Transformers 2

It’d be pretty damn cool if I wasn’t trolling.

Did they ever co-mingle the Transformers and GI Joe in a comic crossover or anything?

I think there was a crossover in the one of the later seasons of the original Transformers cartoon, with Cobra Commander making an appearance to assist the Decepticons.

Edit - Here

Yep. Multiple times.

There was also the comic series earlier in the 2000s – I forget what it was called, but it was awesome. Great artwork and all that. Took place during WWII I think?

I would like to see the Transformers & G. I Joe Hasbro stories combined into one story?

Fuck Transformers, fuck GI Joe, and fuck motherfucking Hasbro. It’s Micronauts and ROM all the fucking way.

For fucks sake there have been a lot of threads getting brought back from the dead lately.

Right. It’s like the board of 10 years ago is bubbling up somewhere else.

I hadn’t given it much thought, but my initial reaction would be “no, thanks”. I just can’t think of a way this could be interesting - you either spend too much time with the robots or too much time with Joe and team. It would just be some sort of mash-up where Joe and Autobots have to team up to stop Cobra and the newly allied Decepticons. Is Cobra Commander and Megatron going to suddenly work together? Why not throw He-Man into the mix! Let’s see if Skeletor can give advice, or maybe Thundarr would be of assistance. Most franchises don’t actually work when blended together, unfortunately.

Wouldn’t wouldn’t.

I mean it’s already been done back in the 80s.

Sorry, I do think cross overs work fine in comics, but not movies as much - just too short of a time frame to tell a good story, imo.

You can kinda pretend the crossover already exists.

Just call the US military guys Joes and any humans helping the Decepticons COBRA. Crossover: achieved!

Did you just pitch the definitive LEGO-movie that panders to my generation’s nostalgia?

Honestly, throw in M.A.S.K. and TMNT and I’ll throw money at that myself. Maybe some Mad Balls, while we’re at it.

Need to save something for the sequels.

I’m not sure about Thundarr, but I know that He-Man’s IP does not belong to Paramount or Hasbro. Which means that Hasbro can’t use He-Man. Unless Hasbro Entertainment could introduce a third party powerful villain (like the time Hoard Prime was introduced to a He-Man & She-Ra episode) this “unholy” alliance would not pass the first ten seconds of the film. It is also correct to conclude that franchises don’t work well together since Hasbro tried to bring their IP’s to together in the 1980s and failed. However, the Hasbro Cinematic Universe is going to happen. The second question we need to address is “purpose” for a Hasbro crossover. Universal extinction event, multiverse singularity threat, or a time traveling adventure just for starters could be a motivational reason for a “joining-hands” moment. The final issue for a Hasbro crossover is the “incompatibility” issue. For example, Joes can’t fight Autobot battles (logically), and it seems unfair for Autobots to fight Joe battles. A method would have to be created or selected that would make both teams compatible, and the only method I see that is capable of do that is the Transformers Headmaster stories in all its different forms from Hasbro to Takara. I suspect the Headmaster concept will be mentioned in the future since Hasbro re-titled the concept to Titan Masters & Prime Masters for their toy-line. Also, I hated the first live-action movie of G. I. Joe verses Cobra when Joes verses Iron Klaw and Scar would have been a better movie. Lastly, when the Hasbro Cinematic Universe is complete will everyone avoid watching it?

Why not?

Does everyone here think Transformers characters like Bumble Bee, Optimus Prime, and Jazz get too much attention while other characters like SkyLinks, UtraMagnus and Quickswitch get no attention? Are people convince that Joe characters like Duke, Scarlett, Flint, and RoadBlock have unnecessary high levels of attention while less known characters like Robo Joe, Mike Power, Savage, and Ronin go unrecognized by comic book fans?