Giveaway thread!

Due to Epic freebies I now own more games than I have room for on my computer.

Wow, just now? I’m sure I passed that mark years ago, even taking into account my current HD space.

I am pretty sure I have more games than I have room for even if you added up all the storage space on all the hard drives in all the systems I have ever owned, both personal and work. I also may have a problem…

Arx Fatalis is free on Bethesda launcher:

Click on the join Arkane Outsiders

“Join Arkane Outsiders to receive “The Art of Arkane” digital art book free! PLUS, between May 28-May 31 (10am EST), email subscribers get Arx Fatalis (PC) as an additional bonus - Check the box below to subscribe! Be the first to be notified about potential beta access and receive sneak peeks at upcoming games. Sign up now as the Arx Fatalis offer expires on May 31.”

Yes, I’m actually kind of curious now how much HD space I would need to install every single game I own from every storefront.

If it makes you feel any better, you’re far from alone on that, and I’m not even grabbing the Epic stuff.

Lalalalala

I’m not listening, I’m not listening

There’s a… Bethesda launcher???

kill me now!

That game is great thought, but buy it on GOG instead :-)

Have you heard the good word about PlayNite?

I already own it on GOG. Take that!

Only a buck seventy nine right now.

It is funny how Arkane Studios started out by making an Ultima Underworld spiritual successor (Arx Fatalis), then went on to make a Thief spiritual successor (Dishonored) and even a System Shock spiritual successor (Prey).

When do we get the Terra Nova spiritual successor?

Yeeeesssssss. I adored Terra Nova. Still one of my favorite games. The way the weapons behaved, the ability to plan ahead - just so good.

Sadly I did it wrong, so I never got Arx Fatalis. (I joined their club, but didn’t sign up for the email, which is needed to get Arx).

I did later add the email under preferences, but it doesn’t seem to have added Arx to my Bethesda launcher library, sadly.

Oh well, I already played through it back in 2003 or so. I wasn’t likely to play it again anyway.

It’s funny, looking at that Arkane Studios timeline. I played and loved Arx, I played and loved Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. I bought Dishonored but haven’t played it yet. I bought Prey but haven’t played it yet. I’m pretty far behind on my Arkane Studios backlog I guess.

Oh PLEASE God YES

You should get on that. I think Dishonored and Prey are their best work, easily.

Moreover Arx Fatalis and Messiah, lesser works. I like Arx but there was a puzzle so obtuse I thought it was a complete show stopper bug and quit the game even after trying to figure out a solution online. I only came back to it years later, hitting the same exact “bug”…only to learn then it was just a very obtuse puzzle. So weird. I finally able to finish the game.

Me too. Not sure why I haven’t either. Maybe because Assassins Creed burned me out on that genre.

It is quite different than AC - and better. Better abilities and combat. AC does have nice environments though. Dishonored’s aren’t bad, just more contained.

“Your Bethesda.net account will automatically be entitled with the game. Users will receive their copy next time they log into the Bethesda.net launcher. Users who join Arkane Outsiders and later edit their marketing preferences to sign up for emails will receive their copy by June 3, 2020”.