Giveaway thread!

It’s still twice 60GB though.

Well that makes more sense. I knew there was no way anything outside of COD or whatever should be taking up 300+ GB

Thanks for the recommendation. I would have grabbed it due to being free, but I may not have ever tried it without this recommendation. I really enjoyed the game. It is an older game, but held up fairly well. I do wish it had a better fast travel system. If anyone else decides to pick it up a few tips:

• Controller support is good.
  • I suggest not going higher than 1920 x 1080 for resolution
  • There is an overhead map ( Y on the controller). I’m embarrassed how long it took me to discover this
  • Game crashed a few times, but the game auto saves during area transitions. The continue option doesn’t necessarily pick the auto save, so if this happens, you may want to manually pick the auto save. Also, there is only 1 auto save slot.
  • Speaking of crashes, there is 1 crash that is not random. The game will always crash if you try to talk to a particular NPC in a certain area. Thankfully you have just entered a building before this conversation so you can load the auto save and not talk to the NPC.
  • Some area transitions turn your character around, and if you aren’t careful you will go back the way you came.
  • There is an option in the settings to have quickslots for each weapon instead of shared across weapons. It is not enabled by default, but I found it useful to use.

I’m glad you enjoyed Venetica.
IIRC the game had both save-everywhere and quick save/load on the F5… buttons. It’s actually the oldest game I remember which has two independent sets of quick save & quickload buttons. Now that you mention it I think I ran into the same crash a decade ago. So while the game is generally stable it might be a good idea to make generous use of the save options.

Epic Store freebies this week are:
Game of Thrones the Boardgame - this is a very nice adaptation of the excellent Fantasy Flight boardgame.
Car Mechanic Simulator 2018 - Experience the fun and excitement of charging $200 to replace a $15 air filter!

Coming Thursday, Iratus : Lord of the Dead and Geneforge 1-Mutagen (a remastered edition of the Spiderweb classic)

Oh nice my patience is rewarded.

Anyone want Superhot: Mind Control Delete?

PM me.

Ancient Enemy and Killing Floor 2 are the Epic Store freebies this week. I’m thinking anyone who wanted Killing Floor 2 likely already owns it, as it’s been in lots of bundles over the past couple of years. Ancient Enemy though is a pretty decent strategy card RPG that’s worth a look, especially for $0.

I think Killing Floor 2 is a previous Epic giveaway because I already own it there and I’m pretty sure I never bought it.

Ancient Enemy is nice, but doesn’t have any of the charm of the authors previous solitaire games.

Definitely true. Shadowhand is still my favorite.

My friend just complained that his free Prime Gaming games through the Amazon Games launcher do not work.

I asked him what the error or problem was.

I found out apparently that he’s intensely paranoid and signed out of the Amazon Games launcher after redeeming/claiming the games and refuses to sign back in some unspecified “privacy reasons.”

This friend appears to be about twenty years late to the digital platforms debate.

Got a couple of duplicates in the Deck Builder Bundle from Humble Bundle. Open to members of the forums who are not brand spanking new:

• Cultist Simulator (base game only)
  • Wingspan

PM if interested. All gone!

Anyone want a Steam key for Everspace? PM!

edit: No-one wanted it, so here’s the Steam key:

33K7G-2XZER-FH0BT

That’s a great game

Got some keys for some games!

Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium Edition
Pillars of Eternity Definitive Edition
Shadowrun Trilogy

PM me if you want one.

Edit: Gone but no forgotten

Key for Contractors on Steam .

It’s a VR game. PM me if you’re interested and have been a member of the forum for at least a little while.

Twitch Prime is giving away free copies of Shadow of Morder GOTY & AssCreed:Origins this month. I imagine most of us have them, but just in case.

Also Football Manager 2022, if that’s your bag.

Hundred Days : The Wine Making Simulator is free on Epic Games Store through next Wednesday. I looked at it and was like “this is pretty cool looking, but when am I really ever going to get around to playing it”…then I remembered “it’s FREE you idiot”. Backlog +1.

Realm Royale : Reforged - Epic Launch Bundle is also free this week.