Giveaway thread!

I also have the following steam games to give away:

One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 - gone
Rive - gone
Flat Heroes
Morphblade

I’ll give the key to the first one to PM me. I’ll try to watch for them, but real life has a way of distracting me.

I have keys for the following thanks to the latest Humble Bundle:

Legends of Eisenwald - GONE
Turmoil - GONE
Jotun
Warhammer End Times:Vermintude-GONE
The Journey Down Bundle

To claim one have at least 250 posts and PM me with the answer to this trivia question:

What real world location served at the setting for The Village in the classic TV show The Prisoner?

Kids, ask your parents (or Google)

Aw man, I don’t really need any of those, I just want to play trivia.

Holy shit I just googled it and this was the sixth listing on google:

The results are probably weighted by your browsing history though.

I didn’t know Google did that. Interesting.

Interesting and creepy.

It may not actually be true though… It’s something I always thought they did as I remember reading about it once.

Despite doing my best to disable trackers, they are aware of my purchases on gog or amazon. I have stopped being surprised by Google’s creepyness.

well, also note that the whole sentence is highlighted, which means he entered that whole sentence as the search terms. If it gives any weight at all to how close the match is, that’s probably the only web page that matches exactly.

I got this page as result 6 also. And the first five were not exact matches, but correct answers. Putting the search in quotes yields only this page.

Easy enough to test, try the same search in private window…
Although from what I’ve read private window isn’t going to be private for much longer, it’s getting easier to ID a machine even without cookies (using GPU info for instance)…

They do. You can disable some of it in your profile options. There’s also a page that list your entire search history for the entire time you’ve had a google account… (yay?) and you have an option to supposedly clear that one.
(Before I quit Google I looked there anyway, so maybe it has changed since then…)

With DuckDuckGo the search query doesn’t list QuartertoThree on the first page at all… didn’t see how far down it was.

Whatever Google may or may not being doing with your search history, in this case you’d reasonably expect a perfect match for the question to appear on the first page of results. At this stage what you’re really seeing is that Google has indexed the post and the other search engines haven’t.

Usually Google is pretty blatant when its trying to be “helpful” with search results using what it knows about you. And most of the time its mined from your gmail account as that has far more interesting profiling information.

I guess I was just surprised by how quickly it had appeared as a search result, not that it appeared. I did that search about three hours after the post. Pretty impressive, in my view, that google can index a forum post so quickly.

This thread is weird.

Why are you guys so worried about what Google Search is up to? Don’t you know the CIA is listening to you through your television!? Russia can hear you when you sing along to Taylor Swift in your car! Your smart toaster is sending nude pics of you to Kazakhstan!

So the “giveaway” in this thread is privacy?

Hello all!

Some new stuff added to my list of free stuff… PM or comment what you’d like.

Jotun
The Journey Down 1+2
The Interactive Adventures of Dog Mendonca and Pizza Boy
Aurion: Legacy of the Kori-Odan
Flat Heroes
One Piece Pirate Warriors 3
Poly Bridge
RIVE

Train Simulator 2016
Car Mechanic Simulator 2015
Duelyst - 20 Spirit Orbs
Duelyst - Cosmetics Bundle
Armoured Warfare E3 Pack *
Mountain *
Neverwinter Adventurer’s Helper Pack *
SMITE — Bellona and Furiona Bellona *
SUPERFIGHT Closed Beta Access + The Joiner Micro Deck *
Super Senso Beta Access + Starter Pack *
Warframe PC Booster Pack *
War Thunder M5 Stuart Tank + P36 Aircraft *
WildStar E3 Pack *
Warframe 7-day Credit and Affinity Booster **
Ghost Recon Phantoms Starter Pack **
Ghost Recon Phantoms E3 Avatar **

• part of the E3 2016 Digital Ticket bundle - might not work anymore?
    ** part of the E3 2015 Digital Ticket bundle - might not work anymore?

Thank you very much for Aurion!