Giveaway thread!

Extra key from humble monthly for Life is Strange, if interested, please PM me. Qt3 member with some posting history.

Gone

Ditto, I’m pretty sure that anyone active here would say thanks for the key. It’s gotta be lurkers.

I tried Passpartout. It was already taken, I guess?

I was thinking the opposite. Instead of thinking of menacing bots, it’s more easily explained by all the lurkers. Every forum has more lurkers than active posters. I doubt QT3 is different.

Thanks, @Storz!

I have a Difference Mill for an Analytical Engine:

MDCC-CXXX-V_I_

Replace the first blank with the final digit of Wallis’s Marvelous Infinite Product for PI / 4, and PM me for what belongs in the second blank. Please do not post unless your great-grandfather was a member of the Royal Society.

You missed the context. I should have quoted it for clarity. Rich had said that the Roman numerals might fool a bot. So I agree with you that it was probably lurkers.

Don’t suppose anyone here has an extra Tacoma key from the Humble Bundle. I’m usually a subscriber, but this month my payment was bounced because I was out of town for a week and not getting the emails from the site that my card wasn’t working. I had deactivated my existing card due to a fraudulent charge. Ugh, I really wanted this month’s bundle, and you can’t go back and get a prior month.

Go on then. If nobody else has responded send me a pm. I’m kind of interested in it but I have more games already than I could play in the next 10 years so…

In this case, it’s likely neither bots nor lurkers, but simply that Mr. Masta was kind enough to post his list to both this forum and another forum both he and I belong to, so the “claimed” keys were likely just taken by the people on the other forum, who have posted their gratitude there.

I’ve done the same thing in the past, posted a code or codes I wanted to find homes for in both places, because you never know where you will find someone who really really wants that Bad Rats key you’ve had forever. =)

Drop me a PM if no one offered you one yet.

Next time I won’t be posting keys until I give people a chance in the “traditional” way, by PM.

Hey at least we got the opportunity to discuss the ethics of giveaways and the moral obligation to express gratitude 🙂

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Which is “the other forum” these days? Is it still Octopus Overlords? I haven’t been on there in an an age. Or is it GWJ?

In this case it’s Lum’s Broken Forum.

Is that other forum also cursing either bots or lurkers for using keys and not posting appreciation? ;)

Actually, sort of, yeah! =)

Guys, this is a solved problem. Mandatory haiku. Get the word out.

Or Dan Aykroyd gifs. Either/or.