Giveaway thread!

Smoke and Sacrifice looks pretty good, has anyone played it yet?

The good folks over at Level 99 Games are doing their annual ā€œonly pay shippingā€ freebie on their store. This yearā€™s free game is Pixel Tactics 4, plus a big pile of promo cards. Unlike the last couple of games theyā€™ve done this with, I already own this one, but unlike most tabletop games I own, I can actually vouch for this one being a fun time!

Looks interesting to me, but unfortunately, it appears to be sold out.

Aww, dang! I checked it before linking it elsewhere, but I guess it sold out between then and now.

Twitch Prime has their new free games for the month, and itā€™s quite a pack. A whole bunch of Devolver Digital games: the Hotline Miamis, Strafe, Swords of Ditto, The Messenger, Crossing Souls, Broforce.

Oh man, theyā€™re giving away The Messenger? Iā€™ve been wanting to give that a try.

Lego Lord Of The Rings is free on Humble Bundle right now.

It may be a prank, as clicking ā€œget the gameā€ simply close the humble bundle page!

Theyā€™re getting hammered right now. I clicked, and it spun and spun, but eventually added the ā€œpurchaseā€ to my account. Of course when I checked it I realized Iā€™d forgotten to claim last weekā€™s free LEGO Hobbit code by 10:00AM this morning. Doh.

This freebie competition is getting insane. Weā€™re going to end up with 10 stores and nobody willing to pay for anything.

I got around it by copying the link and pasting it into my address bar. No idea what dark magic the site itself was trying to pull with me putting my cursor over the button!

Iā€™ve got another Fantasy General from GoG if anyoneā€™s interested. PM me. Only requirements are relative activity on the forum.

You know what, itā€™s Die Hard season so in the spirit of giving I am going to give a copy of Mass Effect Andromeda to five people who PM me with a request. I will require that you at least be someone I am acquainted with, in the Internet sense, my preference is not to gift to strangers, though I guess I will if I donā€™t get five hits in the next couple of days.

Yippie-ky-yay, Mister Falcon!

edit: OK, so of the three people who contacted me to take me up on the offer, I could only give a copy to one of them because the fine print says itā€™s got to be someone in the same country as me, in this case the U.S. Sorry I didnā€™t realize that sooner. So, uh, anyone living in the U.S. want a copy of ME: Andromeda? I still have a few up for grabs!

Thank you very much for Andromeda! I like the first 3 MEs quite a bit. Theyā€™ve always managed to put great characters in their games. The shooty parts have worked well too.

If you still have a copy of Mass Effect: Andromeda Iā€™d love to have it.

I am curious about it, but I doubt my computer will run it. It can barely run Mass Effect 3.

-GONE-
Hard Reset Redux
Aliens: Colonial Marines Collection

Fanatical is having a Pick-and-Mix bundle. Only 4 of the choices interest me, so whoever requests something other than these four games will get it:

• The Sexy Brutale
  • Songbringer
  • Seraph
  • Dungeon Rushers

So, my experiment turned out to be quite successful! I decided I would give away five copies, and I ended up giving away five copies! And thatā€™s with a couple of misfires when I figured out that I canā€™t gift people outside the U.S. - again, I apologize.

But the sale is still going, and I figure why stop now? I consider myself an Andromeda evangelist, and Iā€™m totally ok with buying cheap copies if it gets more people trying out the game. What the hell, itā€™s Christmas. So, to answer your question Oscuros - you can have a copy. If youā€™ll friend me on Origin (my ID there is FreeBeerTomorrow) Iā€™ll gift you a copy. Again, assuming youā€™re in the U.S. Sorry, Origin rules, not mine. And if anyone else out there still wants to try it out, shoot me a PM.

As someone who has, at times, done the same for Unity of Command, I admire your position.

I have my bones with the direction of the series, but Iā€™m glad you like it as much as I liked the first. And I mean that sincerely.