Giveaway thread!

Do not question the Thankmeister! or I may make you take a freebie as well…

I’m thankful for Qt3. I don’t have many friends in “real life” - in part because there are not a lot of people in my social circles that share my interests or personality traits. But a lot of people here do, and I consider many of them friends. This place feels like home, in a way, and I’m very, very thankful for that.

And I already have Neon Chrome (I think), so I didn’t write that to get free stuff. It just feels nice to say, and it’s good to be thankful for good things. That’s all. ;)

If this turns into a group hug, let me in!

+1

I LOVE YOU GUYS!

That’s touching.

I love you, bro. I love all of you guys/gals.

To add to your story, at work we were forced to accept the horrible social app Yammer as part of our work functions. Like we need social media within the workplace, right?!?

But immediately, groups popped up for interests outside of work. And I was mentioned by the other lone gaming buddy I knew at work and found … a gaming group! Full of my coworkers that I had no idea were into the same shit. Threads of people getting hyped about new releases, talking about forming up in some online games, etc. It’s refreshing to find out a lot of my peers are similar to me.

I am thankful as well. I never would have thought Qt3 would lead me to trading gifs and games with people on different continents or flying 2500 kilometres to meet friends and play board games with them.

Qt3 has been my favorite little corner of the internets for many years now. I’m torn between telling everyone I know about it and keeping it my own little secret. Lean towards the latter.

Enjoy this gif!

Man, and for me the group of Qt3 helped when I transitioned careers and moved 2000 miles west. Big shout out to all the Portland Qt3ers. You’ve definitely helped make the move successful.

You’re welcome (I live in Portland, Overlook neighborhood), I guess, but I don’t know what I did to help, exactly. :-)

Well definitely not join me for X-wing at Portland Game Store!

If you like board games though, then next time we can certainly send an invite. Bruce, David, Exodor, Carto and me have gotten together a few times. Also have met Tman for hockey too.

It really does feel like Qt3 central out here. Didn’t realize you were in the area as well :)

Yeah, this thing I’m feeling is not envy. Not at all, really. It’s not.

I know, right? Every time I go out west and meet up with these guys, I think “must be great to have this all the time!”

Well, as far as I know, I’m the only guy from Brazil around here. I’m hoping some future job will make me travel once in a while to the US, so I can meet some Qt3 in person if at all possible. I’d certainly enjoy that.

Someday maybe I’ll get to go to BraZIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLL

I’m down for a 4-5 year Brazil trip!

I’m up for going to this place-- it sounds so coooool, man.

It was cool once.

Not anymore. Especially not now. :(