Giveaway thread!

Very well said. Almost the only games I actually buy on EGS if I can help it (same goes for the Windows store) are ones where they have a third party storefront/app in any case, such as Ubisoft Connect, in which case I can at least buy any DLC from Ubisoft itself when they list it for a song eventually.

No, quite a good game and well worth a try (unless you flat out don’t like colony/city builders). Think more along the lines of Banished/Anno/Aven Colony than Sims.

The justifications folks come up with for not getting something for free… :)

It isn’t necessarily complaining about it being free, but rather that if you DO enjoy the game and eventually want to “get it all”, you could conceivably be stuck paying much more for the DLC (OR end up having the “rebuy” the base game on another platform). I could see people not wanting a free game now and the risk of having to pay $30 later to complete the collection vs. just waiting a while and getting the whole shebang for $15.

Why not get the game for free now, then later on when it’s only $15 for the whole shebang you’ll know it’s worth it?

Free=Free it seems to me…

Shhh. Don’t disrupt our miser logic.

You also get to add another game to the backlog. Win/Win!

Is pretty good vanilla.

Is better with Green Planet.

Honestly don’t recall the other DLC so they obviously suck.

Listen to this man right here.

Though some of the dome visuals are neat.

I don’t see how you can think I was complaining. I grabbed it at both stores! Just opining that I’m much more likely to get dlc on Steam for the reason stated.

That’s what I’m coming up with in my own research. I think with the summer sale coming up here in a few weeks I’m best off dropping that DLC on my wishlist and seeing how it comes up during the sale. Thanks!

I think it’s awesome that the game is free, all thanks to the storefronts giving this stuff away. My point in saying it’s kind of a bummer is that while I will accept the free game, I am much less likely to bother with installing and playing a game that I perceive to incomplete or lesser because it’s lacking some functionality, even if that game is free. I don’t know much about Surviving Mars itself, but the idea that it’s better with some DLC implies that it’s worse without it, so it drops down my list of stuff I feel the need to play.

It is a perfectly fine and enjoyable game on its own. Don’t worry about it.

You’re right, I apologize. I read your tone wrong and responded like an ass.

Hey, this is the internet! Stop being reasonable!

I swear I said the same thing earlier.

Titan Souls is free on Steam.

A very mean game, approach with caution :O

Yeah I hated that one. Left a bad review and had people arguing with me that my opinion was wrong lol

Well it was ;)