Giveaway thread!

Hellpoint is being given away on GOG right now. Due to how they handle giveaways (blech) I can’t link directly to it, just go to the site.

Despite being a Certified Soulslike Connoisseur I hadn’t really planned on playing this one; it just didn’t get great reviews or really appeal to me, setting wise. But, well, I guess now I have to!

I already had it on Steam, thanks to last month’s Humble monthly bundle, which got me to sign up for that for the first time. But hey, a DRM-free version on GoG, I’ll take it.

Oh man, Sonic Mania free this week on Epic. Once again, procrastination etc. Also something called Horizon Chase Turbo.

That is amazing. I almost bought it everytime Sonic Mania hit $10 on Xbox Live. The only thing that kept me from pulling the trigger is that I’ve never enjoyed any previous Sonic game.

It’s an Outrun-style retro racing game with some modern gameplay changes.

And it’s pretty great. It’s no Sega Rally 2, but what is?

The only one I played was Sega Rally Evo on the 360. That was very good on the first round of difficulty, where you play all the courses once. And then the second round, I couldn’t win a single race. Were the earlier games like that too?

I got it in (I think) the first Humble Choice Bundle (where it took that name) and it’s pretty great, but gets really hard (for my 60 year old reflexes, anyway). It ate up most of my Sunday one time.

Earlier games were even harder prolly, but funnier too!
Sega Rally 2 is a real gem, it’s got an absolutely irrealistic and incredibly satisfying driving.

GOG is giving away the Shadowrun Trilogy.

Got an extra key for Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun if anyone wants it. Fuckin great game.

Taken.

I’ve got a copy, but I’ve been sitting on that one for a while because it didn’t strike me as a must play for whatever reason. I’ve gotta browse the Qt3 thread and see what the consensus is.

Such a great game. Someone, grab it!

Thanks to Charmtrap for Shadow Tactics!

Well I missed the giveaway but see it is on the Steam sale at 90% off, putting it at a measly four bucks. I take it I should try this.

Thanks to @lordkosc for the extra Shadow Tactics key!

Yes, it’s definitely worth the $4, assuming you enjoy the genre. It’s not like we’re flooded with these kind of games and Shadow Tactics is a superior example of the genre, so it’s worth the money even if you’re not sure.

Just noticed that there’s an expansion coming later in the year, too. That’s pretty cool…I don’t imagine many games get DLC three years excuse me, FIVE years after the original release.

What @charmtrap said. If you like the genre it will please.

Mimimi is self-publishing, and probably self-funding, their next project. DLCs for Shadow Tacitics or Desperados help keep the spice flowing. So it makes sense.

Anyone else considering buying Shadow Tactics in the Steam Sale, you should really purchase the Killer Bundle 18 from Fanatical instead. For $1 more ($4.99) you get Shadow Tactics AND Warhammer 40K Gladius, Rise of Industry and its 2130 DLC, Overpass, Help Will Come Soon, Sundered and Hotshot Racing.

Add on another $3 and you can also get Kingdom Come : Deliverance (one of my personal favorite games of the past few years) with the Band of Bastards and From the Ashes DLCs.