Giveaway thread!

You might need to Alt+Tab and see if there’s a popup prompting you to link the game to your Epic account.

Ok, there was a pop up. I just ignored it lol. Thanks for the heads up.

I tried to like Gloomhaven, but I just couldn’t. As someone who grew up on XCOM, I hated everything about the card mechanic, which is of course rather integral. I especially hated how you had to discard cards just to move even when “out of combat.” Of course, you’re never really out of combat and that’s part of the time constraint which I also didn’t like.

I also didn’t like how it had to be so weird and “edgy,” forsaking traditional fantasy tropes for ugly-assed rock people. Yuck.

As usual, I’m sure I’m in the minority.

Well, I don’t think having rock people is remotely “edgy”, especially since one of my favorite tRPGs (Earthdawn) also had rock people, but I agree on the rest. I appreciate that the use of cards as life mechanic is clever, but I don’t find it fun to play, especially where movement is concerned.

Beat the lurkers:
Superhot Mind Control Delete JTV6M-MH0HJ-DZBVM

I won! Thanks for the game.

Wewt, enjoy

Hey now, some rocks are sharp!

Wasn’t there a DLC rock hero in Dragon Age: Origins?

Not sure. There was a rock troll involved in the Quanari DLC, I think. Maybe.

Yes. It’s the only reason I’ve been wanting to replay DA: Origins since I finished it. Everyone at Qt3 and elsewhere who played through the game and enjoyed it so much more than I did seems to have played through the game with that character. But I didn’t purchase the DLC so I still don’t know what exactly they are talking about.

Shale. Shale was awesome.

I do remember the name Shale. Don’t remember using him though. There are some very good characters in the game. You should play them all.

Is Witcher 3 Heart of Stone not about rock people? That’s what I’ve been assuming.

It’s about magical prosthetics. It’s a precursor to their Cyberpunk game really.

I thought he was just a golem. Also he came with the game when I bought it and wasn’t DLC I had to actually pay for. The code came inside the box. I think this was EAs shady way of introducing you to the DLC vendor in your camp site. It was a “first taste is free” kind of thing.

It was part of EA’s “Project 10 Dollar” to mitigate used game sales.

Yep. I rented the game, so I didn’t get the DLC for free. And I didn’t pay for it.

Yeah, that makes sense. It’s kinda hard for my brain to travel back to the 2009 gaming landscape. But publishers fears over the second hand grey market was still real then.

Seems so quaint now.

Spare keys, first in best dressed, reply if claimed so others know they are gone.

Fantasy General II

GONE!

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger

Summary

5705K-8AV87-6ZDAJ