Gladius learns all the right lessons from all the wrong Civilizations

Question on Outposts. For the Space Marines, Outposts give resource bonuses when you grab them. What does grabbing them do for non-Space Marines factions? Are they mostly to give a Line of Sight and an enhanced Healing Point for units, or do they give any resource bonuses?

Captured resources have a +number at the end of the line and one or a few +% before that. If you own the tile, you get the +number at the end of the line. If you have a city tile connected to the captured resource (or an adjacent fortress of redemption if playing as Space Marines), then you also get the +% income tacked on to your faction income.

I’ve only played the tutorial so far. Liking it.

Only “gripe” i have is no voice acting for the units. Would add a lot a flavor to the game.

I only got a chance to play the tutorial also, but I’m pretty impressed. Can I give a shout out to the developers or Slitherine for actually including a good manual.

This comment surprised me. The manual is so basic, I thought it was worthless.

Edit: I was talking about the wrong game.
200+ pages is a lot of basic.

Were you expecting a strategy guide and got an explanation of terms, gameplay mechanics, and UI elements instead?

I agree the manual isn’t needed as the in-game tutorial system while you play is quite good, if that was your meaning.

Just looked, it’s 71 pages. A lot of it is fluff on how to set up a game. Most of the rest you can learn from the tutorial.

Did they release a new manual since release?

Nope, stuff like how resources and outposts work for the different factions. How combat works, etc. I had to do Google searches to find info. The manual does have some info, like where to put a city, but neglects going into detail on anything.

They do cover that, but it’s not clear when you read it until you’ve played the game, kind of thing. It talks about capturing tiles by claiming them vs. having them in your domain (which is what an outpost does), but isn’t super up front how that’s different for the Space Marines vs. other factions. I don’t know if I’d refer to the manual as “worthless” though.

I thought I was in the Aggressors Rome thread :-)

I read the manual before my first game and found it less than helpful. The tutorial helped a bit, but still left me unclear on details. However after a proper game with a faction I felt fairly in control of the game. The built in encyclopedia is rather helpful and easily accessed via notifications on an ongoing basis now that I understand the iconography and systems.

Basically it was only a few hours in for me to feel pretty good about my knowledge of the game while still having lots to discover.

The AI and game situations continue to push back and keep me engaged. I’d say this is a solid military 4x or perhaps better described “turn based RTS” that is worth permanent HD space. I look forward to the DLC. All of them.

I am bumping this thread because it suddenly got a giant REVIEW tag and I’m all like WHOA!

tenor

You can even click on it because it is a TAG. There are TAGS for PODCASTS TOO. OMGWTFLOL!!

Great, can I turn them off? :-P

(Although, I don’t seem them yet.)

Why would you want to turn them off? They’re very helpful, and not obtrusive.

I don’t see theme either using my normal interface option, but when I go back to the default I do, so maybe they are only shown in the default view (for now)?

I clicked it, didn’t do anything.

Is it supposed to? I thought it was just a tag to identify the post as a Review, or what not?

I think it looks fugly.

EDIT: It disappears when you turn off “Light and Bright”