Glass - M. Night Shyamalan and the best superhero universe

It would have made so much sense, with him spending most of his freetime half asleep on Tom’s streams. I’m still not convinced he isn’t.

Th state could save a lot of money by placing special needs people in jails or prisons instead of fixing up old decrepit buildings like these.

I’ve been trying to avoid all previews, but there have been too many to avoid on Sunday Night Football tonight. Man, this movie looks good.

I agree with you. Let’s ignore the doom and gloom naysayers.

Yea I am very excited by this movie.

Am I the first one with a hot take on this movie??

My son and I saw it tonight, and really liked it. (Then again, we both liked Split, so take that with as many grains of salt as you want.) I’m not going to give anything away, but it was a good conclusion to the trilogy. Somewhat smaller in scope, as Shyamalan seems to be doing these days, but really well thought-out and enjoyable.

ugh, there were Glass posters since summertime here around cinemas and I was really looking forward to see a biopic of Philip Glass … that was a twist I did not expect

Gah, I forgot this was coming out so soon. I need to go watch this. I’ve never seen Split, so I should probably watch that first.

Maybe this is closer to what you’re looking for. As a bonus, it stars Darth Vader:

(Sigh)

I would love to hear someone else’s take on the movie, because I legitimately don’t know what he’s complaining about in that review.

I would love to provide impressions. Really looking forward to this. Sadly I’m really busy on weekends these days, so I won’t be able to get away to the theater. :( I’ll have to wait and see it at home at some point.

Trilogy? I only know about the Bruce Willis movie where he couldn’t be hurt. There was another movie?

Split

OK cool. Guess I will have to watch that too.

Yeah I think the term is “backdoor sequel”: a standalone movie that could be considered to be in the same universe. I like the element of surprise when it’s revealed at the end, but it makes it hard to recommend the movie to anyone. “If you want to see Glass, you should watch Split first. Why?? Uhhhhh…no reason!”

Fairly wide gap with the audience score on Rottentomatoes. Currently 35% for critics, 79% audience.

Isn’t it like that a lot of the time? You’re kind of self-selecting the sample of people who are going to see the movie and vote on it.

RT does feature a separate, pre-release “want to see” rating, but it’s not the same as the audience score.

Just got back from it. Man, I need to let my thoughts settle before I can discuss it.

Whew!

I totally get that. Take your time; I don’t think the conversation is going to get ahead of you!