Gloomhaven - Tactical Combat in a persistent world!

So… I have had my 4th retirement, the Sun character. (Scoundrel, Brute, and a little-used Cragheart previously)

My current veterans are my original Mindthief, now level 6, accompanied by a level 5 Two Minis and a level 7 Music Note. Now I have to decide how to proceed.

I could go with three characters, which I tend to think is the ideal number. Except Music Note seems made for/built for a four member party. But still, that is a possibility.

Or I could add a Scoundrel, Brute, Cragheart, Spellweaver, Tinkerer (Ha! Ha!) or Triangles. Or a new Sun. Gloomhaven is at prosperity level 4, so I believe that any new character could start at level 4, including the Spellweaver who has a little experience and is at level 2. But sooo prone to exhaustion in long scenarios.

At least part of my decision rests upon how well Two Minis will work without Sun. That Bear deals unbelievable amounts of damage, but also runs some reckless risks, and without Sun to absorb a fair amount of the damage, I wonder whether that will work out so well. On the other hand, with Music Note filling the enemy deck chock full of curses by mid-mission, maybe it won’t matter.

My Mindthief-Two Minis-Music Note-Sun party did very well, but if there was a weakness, it was definitely ranged damage dealing. Particularly of an AOE sort.

Any thoughts from those of you with more experience in the game?

I did. It wrecked all my save games! Even when I uninstalled, my saved games were gone, and I had to start over. I when back to the main branch it because if their betas wreck havoc on saved games, this might happen again as they update the beta.