Gloomhaven - Tactical Combat in a persistent world!

My wife and I finished the main story a while ago and didn’t fully realize it. We didn’t always stick with a particular storyline and jumped around a bit.

I'll put some stuff in a spoiler about the state of our game.

Like I said, we didn’t even realize we finished the main storyline. We were partway done with the drake and the voice storylines. We decided to finish up the voice one and got locked out of the drake one. We then realized we only had a couple scenarios we could do and they didn’t look like they have long quest chains.

I looked where we were in the town journal. We are only prosperity level 6 (3 away from 7), so we haven’t read the town journal for prosperity level 7 yet. That ones unlocks a scenario and then the next journal entry is the final one which can be read after finishing a scenario we already finished.

So in theory we may never get through the journal even though we finished the main quest line because our prosperity is a bit low. We’ve only retired 3 or 4 characters. My guess is that if after wrapping up the last several scenarios we have access to we still don’t have prosperity level 7 then I will just give it to us instead of trying to find ways to grind it out.

Kind of disappointed the ending feels so disjointed and anti climactic.