Gloomhaven - Tactical Combat in a persistent world!

Also, you look in the bok for the contents of the chest immediately. Our first few games we looked it up after the mission in case we lost- we didn’t realize at the time you got to keep the chest contents even if you lose (we hadn’t lost a game yet and had to look those rules up). This affected us when we got a trapped chest but didn’t realize it until after we’d finished. That may have affected the outcome of the game for sure!

There is something stupid and primal and related to my 9-year-old inner child, but the box is just…so…gosh. I mean, it sets one’s heart a-flutter.

Anyway, Gloomhaven’s home. :D

The FedEx guy nearly broke his back transporting the box down my driveway today.

Yeah, you gotta lift with your legs on this one.

Any place to get this in canada for non-scalper price?

I apparently preordered two copies of the removable gloomhaven stickers. So if someone’s looking for a set and can’t find one, let me know and I can hook you up.

If I hadn’t gotten a shipping confirmation on my removable stickers just about the same time as you posted this, I’d be all over that offer.

I would be interested in your extra copy if it is still available

Thanks so much for doing this.

My copy arrived a week ago. As I posted at the time in the regular boardgaming thread, I found a guy on a Facebook boardgaming group selling his at cost. He’d bought it, spent three hours punching out pieces, then organized it and tried it. And decided he didn’t want it.

He sold it to me for $210 shipped, with included the $70 broken token organizer and a set of removable stickers. He packaged it great and shipped it (though I didn’t ask for it) two-day.

I’ve gone through the rules, but have yet to find time to play. That’ll come this weekend. I don’t really have a local group, so I will probably just get through this solo.

Looking forward to learning it, and glad there’s a thread!

EDIT:

This is great, thanks! You should post it on BGG.

So apparently there’s a pretty solid Gloomhaven mod with a fan-created 10-scenario campaign that is seems to hold up really well. (So, you know, no need for spoiler issues.)

Watched a group of people playing it for a bit on youtube, and it seems like it’s pretty worthwhile.

Once I get a few scenarios into the real campaign of the physical game down, it might be fun to get some folks here together to give it a try.

Did he… need a bigger boat?

Interesting that the board game uses “procedurally generated” encounters. Maybe I can steal some ideas (“under the hood” and invisible to players, however) for my RPG Maker project.

Re: the lack of “realism” in looting, it bugged me at first too, but then I made the mental switch of just thinking of those loot piles narratively as potential treasure – like, if you didn’t nab it it was never actually there. I enjoy the efficiency challenge and inter-party tension of maneuvering to grab the loot. If you could just clean house after a successful mission, then the loot might as well be a list in the mission description and not on the map at all. Having it on the map adds an enjoyable wrinkle to the tactical challenge.

That’s probably a good way to look at it.

In storage related news, I ordered a 4-pack of Plano 3600 and a single Plano 3601 to set up my tokens using the printable forms this guy made:

Those are three of the 3600 boxes, the fourth I guess I’ll have extra for stuff.

The 3601 is used for the tokens (in my case I’ll store my red/blue dice in here as well for tracking health and XP).

And all of them (3 3600 + 1 3601) should fit in the box pretty well. Though I’ll need to baggie/label the decks then.

Honestly, the shelf I keep Gloomaven on can easily have room next to it for the plan boxes to just be stacked instead of trying to keep them all in the box, I just realized, so instead of baggies for my decks, I’ll just keep using the card storage that comes in the box, I think.

Which guy? I think I need to do the same.

Is it weird that I’m kind of looking forward to punching out and organizing all the tokens?

Original thread:

And then the guy that made what I consider the nicest looking double-sided PDF files for labels put them here for download:

EDIT - Someone made an even nicer version, using actual icons for the monsters and tokens so they will be even easier to find. I am replacing my original download link with these as I like them better.

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/156729/gloomhaven-plano-23600-01-lid-legends

I couldn’t find a double-sided insert I liked for the 3601 (slim) where the tokens will go since I’m not using quite the same tokens, but I guess I could try my hand at making one from an existing file. Maybe that’s what I’ll do this morning.

3600 boxes (4-pack) - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CKIG4NC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_ep_dp_SEmfzbTKG4PBY

3601 slim box - https://www.amazon.com/Plano-2-3601-00-Stowaway-Adjustable-Dividers/dp/B001ECQPSO/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1518015785&sr=1-1&keywords=3601

EDIT - To clarify, I don’t think this ends up being quite as nice a solution as the Broken Token organizer, but assembling that thing looks just outside of my skill/comfort zone (especially given the second point) and it’s a little too pricey. I’ll spend $35 on Plano boxes and another $6 on 50 card sleeves (just for the skill cards, as players will spend by far the most time interacting with those and I suspect we’ll be playing this for a long time to come) and call it good. I’m immeasurably jealous of @tylertoo for getting a copy all ready to go and with those organizers and such!

That didn’t take long. If anyone else is using my red/blue dice solutions and wants to also use a 3601 slim to store tokens/dice, here is what I came up with.

I consider the looting issue to be a fair price to pay for the other simplifications in the game.

Ready for The Mountain Pass.

Figured out what this is: it’s actually part of the Kickstarted campaign, and a separate, stand-alone 10-scenario campaign created by Isaac and fully playable on Tabletop Simulator. Steam Workshop::Gloomhaven - Into the Unknown - scenario #1: Just Another Night