GLOW - Netflix, women wrestlin', Alison Brie, Marc Maron

Just watched Episode 8 and that was brilliant. So much Cheese, it is awesome. And very much needed after the more serious (and also great) Episodes before that.

After watching season 2 I watched the documentary about the real GLOW (also on Netflix) and I was pleased to see that the real world show was just as cheesy as the show on the fictional one. Cheesier, even.

(After season 2 is a good time to watch the documentary, as it contains spoilers of a sort for the last episode of season 2, namely Vegas.)

Such a great ending to the season. Even better than the first one. I’m gonna miss Justine, though.
Is there going to be a third season? Please say yes!!

This season took a bit to get going for me, but man does it finish strong. Loved it.

I mostly enjoy this show and the issues it explores. I love Allison Brie as Zoya, and watching her act and struggle and engage is really fun. Some of the early episodes are a little dry, but overall an entertaining watch!

But one of the producers is Jenji Kohan… and just having her name on the show worries me because she is best known for making amazing shows like Weeds and Orange is the New Black that are remarkable for two season, and then they immediately turn to ash.

She isn’t writing this one, so fingers crossed…

Watched up to episode 5. I like it, but is this season less fun than the first one?

I didn’t think so, I loved them both.

How long are you expecting this show to run? I suppose they can eke out one more season in Vegas, though I wouldn’t count on it, and after that? It just seems like one of those shows that shouldn’t be spun out.

Same feeling here. Weeds and OitNB went off the rails after 2-3 seasons. Glow seems to be pretty grounded so far in terms of plot.

I have no idea how long it is expected to run - but Weeds went 8 seasons and OisNB is still going (6 seasons so far)

Don’t really know much about Weeds, but OITNB seems set up for that sort of evergreen approach — especially once it stopped making the show about Piper. There’s no particular reason why they can’t keep spinning out new episodes, until they run out of prison stories at least, and given how long things like Prisoner Cell Block H ran, that could be indefinitely. Whereas GLOW seems to have a natural lifespan of only a few seasons at most. It’s not like they go on to have long, successful TV wrestling careers.

Finished the second season. Really liked it, but I still think it wasn’t as crazy hilarious as the first season. I feel like the show morphed into more of a really good drama. That said, episode 8 was exactly what the season needed to get to where it was going.

Hopefully there’ll be a third season, AFAIK there’s no official word yet?

I’m sure it will be renewed. Netflix is desperate for good content. They’ve got a 0.1 ERA or something lately.

Wow, that would make them the best pitcher of all time, and by a wide margin! Single-Season Leaders & Records for Earned Run Average | Baseball-Reference.com

Crud, which is the one that means they are really bad batters? The only thing I know about baseball I learned from Pete Rose Baseball on my PC XT monochrome.

You can use BA or OBP, or get real fancy with OPS to account for people who hit the ball really hard

But WAR is the real stats geek number. Negative WAR is really bad.

From wikipedia: The series was renewed for a third season on August 20, 2018.

My favorite person is Alison as Zoya. She portrays the villain with a realistic accent, mannerisms, and wrestling moves.

Waiting for new season.

Yay! Looking forward to this.

I wonder if this will be the last installment. One of the things I really like about the show is the short reach. It wouldn’t break my heart if they end it here (assuming they end it well).