Goat Simulator fans will have their day on the farm at last

Title Goat Simulator fans will have their day on the farm at last
Author Nick Diamon
Posted in News
When March 5, 2014

Goat Simulator is officially coming to Steam as an actual product. Back when the demo hit the internet, Coffee Stain Studios thought it was just a goofball internal project to have fun with after shipping their tower defense first-person shooter mashup Sanctum 2..

Read the full article

I always thought that first-person or close-third-person animal simulation would be a genre of its own, but I guess it never scored well enough with producers or focus groups or whatever. I've heard of a few other random efforts over the years, but nothing that was very successful -- were there any good examples of that kind of thing in any tech generation? The only thing that comes to mind is SimAnt, and that was pretty primitive....

Of course I suppose this little game has nothing much to do with being a goat either, except for the model and the animations, but if it's popular, perhaps others will try to do more with the idea?

The only one that comes to mind for me is the badger simulator Shelter.

I want a first-person raptor simulator. You can choose between different species of hawks, each with their own distinct manner of hunting. You fly around and kill stuff with your razor-sharp talons/bill. Or maybe you just cruise where the wind takes you. It would be glorious.