God of War (PS4)

I always buy digital. A few times (once actually) I’ve bought a physical copy in the last few years and have regretted it. It’s one more thing to keep track of. I just find the convenience of a digit copy outweighs all other considerations. I don’t have any friends I can really lend to or borrow from and I’m kind of selfish anyway.

Books, on the other hand, I’ve been trying to force myself to buy physical copies because I like having a bookshelf and can lend them out but I really notice the lack of convenience.

Rubbish internet (Regional Australia, possibly to be improved somewhat with FTTN where I am in the coming months- we live in hope) + $20-$30 discount over PSN AU Store price at launch ($69-$79 vs $99 in this case)

All those are good reasons.

I just hate dealing with physical media at this point.

It’s always a toss-up. Is it worth paying more to get it sooner and not have to deal with discs?

Digital download can be quite a bit more expensive than physically importing from overseas. It’s insane. :P

You can get the game for $69 in the shops locally here. But you can’t even buy that version digitally, only the deluxe version for $100:

Man, that box art is positively quaint. Makes it looking like a boating/fishing simulator.

Boughten. Now to figure out how to avoid my wife and responsibilities.

I played this for an hour or so last night, and it was pretty cool. The graphics are amazing… visually stunning even!

The combat seemed quite fluid, albeit at the beginning you don’t have that many abilities. It’s kind of neat that there aren’t any cutscenes, and the camera just keeps tracking from one shot the whole time.

The one complaint I’ve seen is that it takes a bit before the combat really opens up.

One complaint I have, is that I would like to have a wider Field of View. It feels too tight on the PS4.

I believe that’s intentional, and I’m a little worried about it as well tbh. However, I am guessing if the game is designed around it, you’ll get used to it in short order?

/rant ON

My Amazon order was delayed at the carrier (which is code for Amazon didn’t get the fucking thing to UPS in time for them to have it out for delivery today, which Amazon gave me a free month of Prime that I could give two shits about less since what I really wanted was a full weekend to play GoW before Battletech came out next week) so I’m not sure if I’ll even really have time to play this in the near future now.

I was already on the fence with Battletech coming soon and Pillars 2 in a few weeks as well, but figured I would either have it wrapped up by Tuesday or close enough I could play both for a bit, but now I think not. I’ve scheduled a return to Amazon, because they were kind of assholes about the thing when I was on the phone with them (“Well, it doesn’t even come out until Friday, so that’s why it hasn’t shipped yet, you’ll get your video game on Monday”) so I’m going to just pick it up at Best Buy I guess some time down the road. I was really looking forward to it, but I can’t afford to buy it twice and when I do return it I will get Amazon credit anyway. Kind of a frustrating deal, because everyone I bitch to about it (including my own dear wife) is bemused by my irritation. I guess it’s hard to explain.

Bleh. I guess it’s another weekend of TV and Pillars 2 beta.

I feel your pain and I am not bemused! Release day is release day. Monday is not release day. It’s a whole weekend that everyone will get to play it and you won’t. My wife announced that she had plans tonight and I was besides myself. Leaving work early. Bought digital.

Green Man Gaming has this for 10% off for people wanting to buy digital.

Wait, since when are third party digital distributors selling console games?

Since the start of this generation, at least. I can’t remember if they did it in the 360/PS3 generation.

Does it work just like Steam? I buy a code and then enter the code in the PS Store on PS4?

That sounds right. Actually, I’m not sure how else it could possibly work, so I’m going to say with confidence, “Yep, exactly!”

This got a laugh out of me.

I haven’t checked out PA in a while, but Gabe looks weird in that cartoon. What is up with his hair and face?
This is what I remember him looking like.

The art style changed several years back. I can’t stand the tooth-line in Gabe’s face. Looks super weird to me.

It’s just weird because Tycho looks the same, but Gabe is weird.

Also, since Gabe is the artist, it seems weird to me on another level.