God of War (PS4)

the world- between-worlds breaks too easy and then you see is a loading screen

I’ve not encountered that myself, but that may be because I’m playing on a Pro?

Does anyone think it’s weird how this game is receiving multiple patches, every day?

It seems that one managed to allow smooth 4k 30FPS with HDR. And thats a beautiful thing, that is amazing to boast your platform. So my theory is Sony hand that is making things moving fast.

I know they’ve been tweaking the text size after complaints. My sound cuts out briefly whenever an achievement pops for some reason. Maybe they’ve fixed that. I know they’ve got a photo mode planned. Updates can include patch notes, but I didn’t read the recent ones.

Updates can include patch notes, but I didn’t read the recent ones.

Only “Various bug fixes and improvements” since 1.10.

One thing I have noticed since updating to 1.14 is that Atreus is making the occasional comment (“Are we lost…?”) every minute while I’m considering my purchases at Sindri’s shop in Nifilheim, that he wasn’t previously… it’s kinda annoying :P

Some of the dialog in this game, especially from kratos, is hilarious and awesome.

“But father! These are valkeries! They’re responsible for keeping the undead from overrunning midgard…”
“Then they are terrible at their job.”

Haha, yes, that exchange was hilarious! The writing team worked on the underrated Lost Planet 3 and Anachronox, so they have a some experience creating memorable, quirky characters.

I wrapped this up the other night and thought the ending was very satisfying. There’s an excellent setup for future adventures.

Why is Kratos’s son named after Gigabyte Taiwan’s gaming sub brand?

Américo Vespucio: Some day, they are going to name this place after my name VESPUCIA

Put in a marathon session of this earlier, could not break away from the game. I’m glad I didn’t knock the difficulty down. Once I had upgraded everything and started getting new moves the game became much more manageable. Went from getting creamed in every single fight to being able to hold my own much more often. I still die a lot and the boss fights get my real life rage meter up pretty high, but it’s immensely satisfying.

I had to drop down to the balanced difficulty level fights were just taking too long, even “easy” encounters, and I I wasn’t making any progress. Things are a little too easy on balanced, but maybe I’ll replay it.

So, at what point is it appropriate to stop following the main quest line and start treating it more like an open world game? I finished the second main quest line and am,I believe, headed back to the main hub.

Loving the game so far, although very early in. My only complaint is that there’s so much exploring and looking around to find every little secret, that it will take me forever to complete.

Every time I go to play this game there is a new version that downloads. What the hell are they doing?

Yeah, their patch speed is insane especially given i have not seen any significant problems.

This might not be the right thread, but nothing turned up in the search for the original God of War: I decided to play through the series from the start because I realized I had a copy of the PS3 I&II sitting around. And now that I’m near the end of Hades in the first game, I really need to know if the game lightens up on the jumping puzzles and platforming. I’m at the part where I have to climb the giant spinning blade pillars, and it’s all I can do not to rip the disk out and snap it.

Platforming puzzles remain a staple of the series until this year’s reboot.

As I’m winding the game down it’s really turning into a big pile of shit. Mimir says to wrap everything up before blowing the horn, so now I’m forced looking for ravens, rune chests – who knew GoW was a HOG? I didn’t see that on the box – and of course, bullshit encounters.

This game is probably the king of bullshit encounters. I’ve killed dragons and gods without issue, but when it comes to the “optional” encounters? I’ve just spend some quality time with Rota, whom I’ve gotten to a sliver of health plenty of times. Rota has a bullshit attack that if you die during it, you cannot rez. Even though Atreus runs over and smacks on the rez stone, it doesn’t matter. Another fine thing Rota likes to do is lose lock-on. Which means you cannot dodge her bullshit attack. I’m assuming she’s bugged, but, probably not.

Oh! And I forgot about the bullshit realms of Fire and Mist, seemingly designed by an intern. Who’s going to farm ~100,000 pieces of mist? I mean, I’m sure there’s one guy out there, but for the rest of us? And Fire, of course, gated by – you guessed it – a bullshit encounter. I left and came back when I had better gear, but it didn’t matter because the mobs levelled up too. If you just had to kill them, that would be fine, but, no, there’s a bullshit requirement to it. I didn’t get far, but I’m guessing the whole reallm is just a long string of bullshit encounters.

The first three quarters of this game it was GotY material. Now I’m not sure I’d give it three stars. HZD was a far better game than this, because there were no bullshit encounters. You didn’t get stun locked, or killed by an attack you couldn’t see or couldn’t defend against because you started a “special” and were locked into it. You knew what you were up against, and if it was too tough you knew why it was too tough.

Uh there’s no reason to do that stuff before finishing as the game lets you keep playing once the story is done.

Also optional stuff is optional unless you are hung up on getting the platinum trophy.

I beat God of War yesterday and just loved the shit out of it. If Pillars of Eternity 2 had dropped into my lap a few days early, I would have spent a lot more time with the extra content (I didn’t even visit at least one realms) if I could have because it looked amazing, played amazing, and was just super fun. I’m really glad I experienced the story though, it was a lot of fun, and I loved the ending.

This morning I came across this comic, and it’s hilarious to me because this is how I feel about a lot of games, but God of War (unfortunately) in particular.

For the record, I feel the “extra content” is terrible. So bad I got burned out on it and haven’t even returned to finish up the game. I know I should, I just don’t feel like it right now.

I took my time going through it and enjoyed it. I explored a ton of stuff, but didn’t do all the things like Valkyrie murdering. I think I killed like 6 of them? I got to the top of the volcano, but didn’t kill the final boss up there.

Ultimately, I enjoyed the game, although I must admit that I felt like the ending was a bit incomplete. Clearly a setup for the next one, which is fine, but I expected some sort of final boss fight? And there wasn’t one, which felt weird.