God Takes the Queen: The Second Elizabethan Age Ends

The women in her family it’s not unusual, but I think the death of Philip really took the will out of her.

Outside Buckingham Palace a few minutes ago.

Niche point, but The Queen is dead, so it’s God Save The King now…

So Charles is now His Majesty for the next year or so till he decides he’s not that into it? Then I suppose it passes to his eldest son (the one married to Kate Middleton who’s name is completely escaping me right now)?

Remarkable run by Elizabeth II, though. It must be a hell of a thing to still have to be head of state these days with not much governing power.

Drach didn’t waste any time

Live video from the house of Prince William just released

So apparently Charles can choose the name he takes as King.

The late queen had met 13 of the last 14 presidents with LBJ being the one she missed.

He’s going by Charles III. That wouldn’t have gone into the Prime Minister’s statement without clearance.

Okay, what I heard was several hours ago.

Yeah, you’re right, he could choose any name he wanted for his regnal name. But it looks like he already chose.

(He did have a lot of time to ponder this.)

I say Charles don’t you ever crave
To appear on the front of the Daily Mail
Dressed in your mother’s bridal veil?

Remarkable thread on how the past is far more recent than we tend to believe, using Elizabeth’s lifespan to illustrate it.

F

I’ve been humming that to my wife’s annoyance.

Anyway, strange day but good innings at 96.

Well, at least she didn’t die while Trump was President, so we don’t have to read some jackass official condolence tweet that makes it all about him anyway.

But RIP to Queen Elizabeth. It truly is the end of an era.

“I’m sad she’s dead. She was very nice to me. Always very polite. She really liked me…”

“One time she said to me with tears in her eyes, ‘Sir, I love you! Why isn’t my country as great as yours? How can I be as powerful a leader as you?’ I had to let her down gently. You know these dames. Always flinging it at you, amirite?”

Bahahahahaha nice.