Godfather 1, Godfather 2, and some movie from another universe named Godfather 3

I feel like Scent of a Woman was the turning point where he became almost a self-parody. It’s jarring to hear him in The Godfather knowing how his performances have evolved over the years.

Yeah. That is a problem I had with The Irishman. It felt like Pacino was playing Pacino and not Hoffa. Scent of a Woman is also when think of the “Al acting like Al” phase began. I did however, enjoy Danny Collins. He felt a little less like Pacino.

The first two Godfather movies are just classics. It was really interesting watching the box set that came out with the director’s commentary how much Copolla had to fight to get Brando and Pacino in the movies.

Maybe, but taken on its own terms, I think his performance in Scent of a Woman is a splendid success.

Scarface is maybe the first time Pacino just started screaming a lot. (Not counting the ‘Attica!’ scene in Dog Day Afternoon.)

Pacino was great in Donnie Brasco; was that before Scent of a Woman? I can’t recall liking him in much after, but man, he had a brilliant run in the 70s and early 80s.

Though, his performance in Scarface was really over the top. Though that film is one of those films I sorta like even though I know how bad it is.

Donnie Brasco was five years after Scent of a Woman.

I’ve still never seen III, despite, or perhaps because of, seeing the other two many times.