Gog 2014

IMO Heart of Africa was a tighter design with a smaller length for each individual game, and a clear goal. You could actually win after a couple hours of playtime, whereas Seven Cities was either more open-ended or I just never understood what the win state actually was. I had a lot of fun with Heart of Africa at the time, though Seven Cities was the more groundbreaking/awe-inspiring game (it was one of the first C64 titles I played).

I had always understood that the win condition in Seven Cities was achieving the Viceroy rank. I vaguely recall that there was a “victory text” screen when you reached Viceroy, but I may not be remembering correctly.

A sort of sci-fi tower defense game with a bit more to it, looks good.

That’s bee on Steam for a few weeks now. From what I hear the missions are all heavily scripted.

That’s been on Steam for a few weeks now. From what I hear the missions are all heavily scripted.

That is true of all tower defense games that I’ve played.

They also have a awesome JRPG, which is also on Steam, but the DRM free version is on GoG:

You mean that excellent classic JRPG?! The game deserves all the attention?!

Won’t someone please start a thread about that game!?

I would love to, but I don’t know the name!

The name of the game, being extremely generic, is not what defines it. Duh.

The name is ‘Eiyū Densetsu VI Sora no Kiseki’.

Is that Klingon? That’s Klingon isn’t it?

Ghobe’!

Your wishes are answered!

(he he, i enjoyed that!)

But in all seriousness i felt that thread gave too much prominence to Steam, so decided to mention it in the GOG thread also :)

And there a number of interesting looking puzzle type games, one new, one older:

They look confusing, which is probably a good thing!

A Ninja game i didn’t know about (or had forgotten?), Mark of the Ninja:

Probably forgotten: it’s gotten pretty big ups here and everywhere.

Mark of the Ninja is awesome, and I don’t even like stealth games. I haven’t messed with the Special Edition content yet, though, gotta do that.

I’ve never played AI War, maybe it was because it was real time and i was about real-timed out up to the gills at the time? Not sure, but GoG have AI War Collection for little money, DRM free etc:

I am i the only one that has trouble understanding the ‘robot’ voice in that trailer video?

Something smoething, the AI controls the galaxy, something something you are insignificant. I gave up – there’s too much panning. Is that voice used in the game?