Gog 2016

I personally think so, yeah. I loved all of them, but to be the battlefields of Uprising felt more fluid and fun than Battlezone.

LOVED Uprising. One of the best additions to GOG in a while. Bought.

Looks like a new Insomnia sale has started.
Limited numer of sale games and after it has been sold out another sale starts.

Hope some nice for sale items will come up. :D

I find these kinds of limited number/gotta be there at the right minute sales pretty frustrating. I just dont get it. It seems designed to sell less copies of games. Shouldn’t a game store want the opposite?

It’s just designed to drive traffic and keep people talking about it. All of the “limited time sales” are likely going to come back for a 24+ hour period at the end.

Scarcity breeds desire in cases like this, so if it’s a limited time thing, people will be more included to be like, “OMG I GOTTA GET IT.” Hey, if it helps sell more copies of Star Ruler 2, I’m happy.

Fair enough. Obviously it works for you good people. When I see it I just pass. I don’t see why I need to be involved in some kind of timing game to give a company money. If Penny is right and it will become a normal sale at the end when I can actually buy things then I will be happy enough then.

WHO ARE YOU CALLING YOU GOOD PEOPLE SIR

I agree. I only wish they could release these things on the same day that Steam does. I never thought in a million years that Dying Light would ever show up on GOG. So I bought it on Steam first. and now I bought it again on GOG just to have a DRM-free version.

If anyone wants the Witcher 3 on GOG it is up about every 6 minutes. :-P

-Todd

Sad about GOG recently, really. The US exchange has practically every game that’s also available on Steam being so much more expensive on GOG. Just this sale Two Worlds 2 popped up for $2.99 USD, but the combined TW2 bundle (i.e. with DLC) was only $3.63 CAD on Steam. That’s a very small example (since the price is already low) but it’s what I end up doing for most any game I’ve even an inkling of interest in adding to my collection: I see on sale on GOG then I check Steam.

It’s not just GOG, Humble is having the same problem with that exchange. Steam’s Canadian dollar rate beats out the exchange rate for buying in USD every time.

I’m back watching this stupid sale count down on titles I already own or don’t want. This is so horrible. But I’m hoping Galak-Z comes around again.

Seems like it definitely will. I’ve seen it at least half a dozen times and I haven’t been super vigilant.

I should either go back to sleep, or just stay up the whole night. This spotty checking is probably what is making me miss it every time.

The cycle is a couple of hours, looks like

Yeah, I’ve seen many games several times now. Some games about 6 times. But I’ve still not caught the one I want.

You need to look through the cycle a couple of times. Some games go really quickly every time. I have already owned so many of them that I’ve only picked up four games or so and many I have not been interested in. Some I have been, but for reasons of a backlog of similar games, I’ve passed on them.

I think this is the 4th time I’ve seen Dead State: Reanimated.

For those that have seen it in rotation: What is Galak-Z classified as? Action? Shooter? Simulation?

I’m not sure but I saw Galak-Z a lot yesterday.

One thing that seems odd is that I there doesn’t seem to be gifting options when you go to purchase an option from the sale rotation. I thought if I saw Galak-Z pop up I would purchase it as a gift, but I am just not seeing it (unless I am missing something obvious).

-Todd

Yeah I saw Galak-Z last night before I went to bed. I think your luck is just bad. Don’t know what category it is, but if I find out I’ll let you know.