GOG 2019: Good Games Old and New

Thank you. Even looking for it I managed to miss it on the front page the first time, I think it’s fair to say I wouldn’t have caught that if you hadn’t said something!

That is awesome, game has been on my wishlist since release.

Also noticed that there are several ‘Collections’ of games for sale that bundle a bunch of games for a nice combined price. For instance you can get Mafia 1, 2, and 3 for $15 in the ‘Scary Family’ collection.

If you already own a game in the collection GOG will give you a key you can share with a friend (need to redeem in 1 year).

Not as sweet as Steam’s ability to reduce the total price for owned games in a collection, but a nice gesture nonetheless.

If you already own any of the games included in this collection, a redeem code that you can share with a friend will be automatically sent to you via e-mail. This code expires one year after the date of purchase.

They also slap these on the collection tiles, lol:

Thanks for the heads-up!

Hopefully GoG’s version of Obduction includes VR mode. I’ve heard good things about it.

Picked up the following games from the current sale:

Vaporum
CrossCode
Tyranny

I’ll probably get to them when I finish up Tower of Time.

I’m on the fence about Thronebreaker.

I’ve been eyeing CrossCode, it looks quite interesting, and has a gorgeous aesthetic.

Yeah i’m gonna pick that one up as well

That does look interesting. The trailer reminds of a cross between the original Zelda and a twin stick shooter. (Is it a twin stick shooter?)

How does Vaporum compare to something Starcrawlers? That’s the most recent example of this niche I’ve played and I liked it OK enough to play halfway but not finish.

CrossCode is awesome. And yes, it has a bit of Zelda and a bit of twin stick shooter in the way you aim ranged attacks. It’s a great game.

Has anyone here an opinion on https://www.gog.com/game/echo ?

It looks creepy but interesting. Can’t really tell if its a sneaker like thief or a roguelike or what?

I guess I’d describe it as a stealth/puzzle game, where the puzzle is redefined by your actions.

I liked Echo quite a bit. It has pretty strong writing that’s reminiscent of Iain M. Banks, good art direction and some clever and novel mechanics.

Are the puzzles in Vaporum real time or can you pause when doing them too? In other words, do you have to do a lot of crazy jumping around to dodge stuff in RT for puzzles?

Nice Flash Deal on Pillars of Eternity 2 Obsidian (i.e. complete) Edition today - I finally broke down and snagged it.

Also, Stellaris is available on GOG Connect right now. Check it out if you want a DRM-free version of Stellaris.

WOW45

/seriously

Edit: um [Citation Required.] I’m not seeing it in Gog connect.

Yeah, no eligible games found when I checked just now. Of course it’s always possible I don’t own Stellaris on Steam. I probably should have checked that first.

Can confirm it worked for me earlier today. I own Stellaris on Steam, and it was the sole title available for me to add via GOG Connect when I checked there.

Hmm, odd. It doesn’t show up for me either. Maybe it launched earlier than planned? Would love to have a DRM free, client-free copy of the game.