GOG 2020

Never played it back in the day myself, but this classic release from 2004 might please someone here. Better yet with a 75% launch discount it also happens to be cheap as chips, so almost no reason not to give it a whirl at $2.50 (AUD, your region pricing will vary).

Funky! I never heard of this game, but it looks fun. I’ll take a punt for less than $2, sure.

At US $1.74, it’s insta-bought.
Thanks, @Malkael! This must have just went up, as I was just over at GOG a few hours ago, and it wasn’t there yet.
Now, if they could only get Drakan: Order Of The Flame, that’d be really great. I have that one in the boxed version, but a ready-to-play GOG version would be so awesome.

What kind of game is this? Is it like the Kingdom Under Fire games?

Seems like a bit like Dragon RPG from what I can tell from the comments and stuff. Obviously @Giles_Habibula would probably be able to give you a much better description of the game.

From a 16-year old Gamespot review: “I of the Dragon is an action RPG”.

I have in fact never played it. I had never even heard of it until I ran across this gameplay video (actual gameplay starts around the 5:30 mark) many years ago, and it looked fun as hell, but at the time, I couldn’t locate a copy, so I eventually forgot about it. Until just today. All I know for sure is that you fly a dragon around and breathe fire on your enemies, and that’s all I needed to know to want to play it.

Maybe @BrianRubin has played it? Seems like something he’d have been interested in at some point.

This video is much higher res:

So I loaded the Steam version. It freezes every time a tutorial message appears or disappears, which is SO weird. I did run it in 1440p but the icons are too small so I’ll have to lower the res. Looks like it could be fun though.

Warhammer Weekend on GOG, so get your free copy of Rites of War for the next 48 hours while you can. Additionally, four new Warhammer games are hitting the GOG catalogue as well! So say hello to Battlefleet Gothic: Armada, Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2, Warhammer: Chaosbane, and Spacehulk: Deathwing - Enhanced Edition.

And obviously Warhammer games are on sale this weekend on GOG.

Thanks, grabbed it. Is it any good?

Yup, a classic.

Indeed. Its like the old school Panzer General, but better. Because you aren’t dealing with 1940’s fascist

Instead, you’re dealing with 40,000’s fascists.

Since we have no like button, here’s a statement: I liked that.

Exactly.

I’d rather defeat the real ones.

Show me how and I will join you.
Will it involve swords? Curved swords? Because they’re better for slashing.

Petards

I always get hoisted by the damn things.

Amateurs slash, professionals stab.