GOG 2020

The first Drakensang game (Drakensang: The Dark Eye) is now available on GOG for most territories. It doesn’t seem to be available in Australia currently, and possibly New Zealand too if the license restrictions are anything like Steam. So it may not be available in your region for some people.

Additionally, Phoenix Point is coming to GOG on the 3rd December, 2020 with Phoenix Point: Year One Edition. The ability to use Apple Pay and Google Pay, in relevant territories, on GOG has been added. GOG releases for Gesalt: Steam & Cinder and Disjunction have also been confirmed today, worth keeping an eye on the former out if you are into 2D Steampunk platformer-adventure games. Last but not least, Evan’s Remains releases on GOG today too.

How do you kick off a Black Friday\Cyber Monday sale event? By adding what looks to be all of the Batman games released since 2009’s Batman: Arkham Asylum to your catalogue of course.

Big day of releases on GOG - Phoenix Point: Year One Edition, Creeper World 4, Per Aspera and Haven are the main ones.

Not to mention a new cult classic release with Diggles: The Myth of Fenris. Although depending on your language you might remember it having a different name due to localisation, I hear that the German localisation called it Wiggles for example. Closest modern genre fit I could give you would be something like a Colony Management game.

OMG it comes with a Winamp skin?!

It really whips the llama’s ass.

Sadly, VALA is not on GOG.

GOG’s Winter Sale event has just begun, running through to the 4th of January 2021, and to celebrate you can currently get Prison Architect for free within the next 72 hours. Additionally, two major releases have dropped at the same time as well with Ancestors: The Human Odyssey and Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus now available DRM-free on GOG.

The Prison Architect giveaway is located on the main page, just have to scroll down a bit to find it.

I will probably buy a few things in this sale. Most likely to be bought is definitely Darksiders 3 - @Rock8man 's enthusiasm about the game coupled with a nice discount convinced me to get this one.

I might also buy Phoenix Point: Year One Edition - I’d love to play a “XCOM but not quite XCOM” variant. This might be it. And since Emperor of the Fading Suns has a nice price and discount, I might get that one too.

GOG.COM on Twitter: “Earlier today, it was announced that the game Devotion is coming to GOG. After receiving many messages from gamers, we have decided not to list the game in our store.” / Twitter

Well, that was fast.

Weird. I just saw that when I went to claim Prison Architect.

Anyone know enough about Devotion to know why they would get messages opposing it?

This article probably gives a good enough synopsis of prior events.

From the PC Gamer article, for the TLDR crowd:

A piece of paper in the game had references to Xi, the word ‘moron’, and the Disney character Winnie the Pooh: the latter is a comparison that has been widely used to mock Xi, to the extent that China banned an entire Winnie the Pooh movie because of it.

That’s kind of ridiculous and kind of hilarious.

Rough for the devs, though.

The real horror was authoritarianism all along.

I’m confused. Why would gamers protest a game that ignores Chinese censorship? That seems to be the exact opposite reaction I would expect.

Because these specific gamers are from mainland China and are angry someone dared to criticize their country and its beloved leader. GOG seems to be doing a Blizzard.

Yeah, unfortunately, when this one game can lead to you getting cut off from the whole Chinese market, a company like GOG is going to be swayed pretty easily by “fan outcry.”

Chinese loyalists and, no doubt, a substantial botnet.