GOG 2020

Seems like a bit like Dragon RPG from what I can tell from the comments and stuff. Obviously @Giles_Habibula would probably be able to give you a much better description of the game.

From a 16-year old Gamespot review: “I of the Dragon is an action RPG”.

I have in fact never played it. I had never even heard of it until I ran across this gameplay video (actual gameplay starts around the 5:30 mark) many years ago, and it looked fun as hell, but at the time, I couldn’t locate a copy, so I eventually forgot about it. Until just today. All I know for sure is that you fly a dragon around and breathe fire on your enemies, and that’s all I needed to know to want to play it.

Maybe @BrianRubin has played it? Seems like something he’d have been interested in at some point.

This video is much higher res:

So I loaded the Steam version. It freezes every time a tutorial message appears or disappears, which is SO weird. I did run it in 1440p but the icons are too small so I’ll have to lower the res. Looks like it could be fun though.

Warhammer Weekend on GOG, so get your free copy of Rites of War for the next 48 hours while you can. Additionally, four new Warhammer games are hitting the GOG catalogue as well! So say hello to Battlefleet Gothic: Armada, Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2, Warhammer: Chaosbane, and Spacehulk: Deathwing - Enhanced Edition.

And obviously Warhammer games are on sale this weekend on GOG.

Thanks, grabbed it. Is it any good?

Yup, a classic.

Indeed. Its like the old school Panzer General, but better. Because you aren’t dealing with 1940’s fascist

Instead, you’re dealing with 40,000’s fascists.

Since we have no like button, here’s a statement: I liked that.

Exactly.

I’d rather defeat the real ones.

Show me how and I will join you.
Will it involve swords? Curved swords? Because they’re better for slashing.

Petards

I always get hoisted by the damn things.

Amateurs slash, professionals stab.

An assortment of RPGs hitting GOG today with Blades of Time, Exiled Kingdoms, Gordian Quest, The Waylanders, and Vampire’s Fall: Origins all joining the catalogue. All coinciding with a hefty week-long RPG sale on GOG to boot.

Time for another classics dump apparently! Seven “new” old games, courtesy of Piko Interactive, coming to the GOG catalogue. So if you’ve been waiting for Outwars, The Immortal, Super 3-D Noah’s Ark, Pushover, Daemonsgate, The Games: Winter Challenge or The Games: Summer Challenge then today is your day.

From the descriptions and screenshots on that page, all those look like games I would have enjoyed back in the day. I’ve never heard of any of these. I’m pretty sure I won’t enjoy them all that much today though. Except maybe the sports games. I haven’t played any modern equivalent of Summer or Winter games, so I’d have nothing modern to compare them to. I think the last time I played sports games like that was on my Amstrad CPC128. So I’m sure these two games will look and play better in comparison.

Their license agreement for Guild of Dungeoneering is expiring Aug 1st and will be delisted. If you want it on GOG, today is your last chance (until when/if they renegotiate).